At approximately 1:00 am Thursday, the Antioch Police Department responded to reports of shots fired in the area of Lawton Street and D Street in the City of Antioch.
Police arrived on scene where they located two adult males who sustained injuries. One male was pronounced deceased on scene and another who was wounded and transported to a local hospital.
Antioch Police are still investigating the shooting and no suspects are in custody.
8:25 am UPDATE via Antioch Police
- FILE: 22-5024
- INCIDENT: Homicide – Shooting
- DATE OF INCIDENT: July 21, 2022
- TIME OF INCIDENT: 12:59 AM
- LOCATION: 300 Block of Lawton Street (Residential)
- VICTIM(S): Male Adult, 34 years-old (Deceased)
- Male Adult, 45 years-old (Wounded)
- SUSPECT(S): Unknown
On 7/21/2021, at approximately 12:59 AM, Antioch police officers responded to the report of gunshots fired in the 300 block of Lawton Street. It was also reported that two (2) people were struck.
Numerous officers responded to the scene. When officers arrived, they located two male victims in the driveway of a residence suffering from gunshot wounds. One male victim fell onto the driveway, and the second was a short distance away. Evidence at the scene indicated the incident occurred outdoors in a drive-by style shooting. Officers immediately began administering first aid and called for emergency fire department and AMR paramedics.
Unfortunately, one victim succumbed to his injuries at the scene, and he was pronounced deceased. The second victim was transported to a local area hospital with non-life threatening injuries, and is currently in stable condition. The suspect vehicle fled the scene and has not been contacted. Antioch Police Department’s Investigations Bureau, consisting of Crime Scene Investigators and detectives with the Violent Crimes and Special Operations Units, responded to the scene and took over the investigation.
Currently, detectives are interviewing witnesses and working to identify any suspects or persons-of-interest. The investigation is still active, and evidence is being collected and evaluated.
Any further information or additional press releases will be provided by the Investigations Bureau. Anyone with information is asked to call the Antioch Police Department non-emergency line at (925)778-2441, or Detective Whitaker at 925-779-6890. You may also text-a-tip to 274637 (CRIMES) using the key word ANTIOCH
Known 2022 Shootings
- June 27: Antioch Police Investigating Three Weekend Shootings
- May 20: Attempted Robbery in Antioch Leads to One Dead, Another Wounded
- May 15: Antioch Police Investigating Sunday Shooting on Wilbur Ave
- April 20: Antioch Apartment Complex Shot Up, Pastor Releases Statement
- April 10: Man Wounded Several Times in Monday Morning Shooting in Antioch
- April 1: Man Shows up at Hospital With Gunshot Wound
- March 28: 16-Year-Old Shot Near Deer Valley High School Prompts Brief Lockdown
- March 14: At least 10 gunshots in the area of E. Madill Street with subject shot
- March 13: Male shot at Clayburn and Lone Tree Way – walks into hospital with multiple gunshot wounds.
- Feb 25: Antioch Police Say Single Shot Fired in Overnight 7-Eleven Robbery on Hillcrest
- Feb 24: Antioch Police Investigating Overnight Shooting on Longhorn Way
- Feb 15: Female Shot in the hand in 700 block of F Street
- Feb 13: Subject arrived at hospital with gunshot wound. Area of Highway 4 or Larskpur area (no info by APD or CHP)
- Feb 8: 76-Year-Old Woman Fatally Shot, Antioch Police Seek Public Assistance (Homicide 4)
- Feb 6: Female Shot in the hand (J Street)
- Feb 2: Antioch Police Announce Arrest in Shootout on Peppertree Way
- Feb 1: Antioch Police Investigate Shooting on Madill Court (Homicide 2 & 3)
- Jan 24: Updated: Antioch Police Investigating Fatal Shooting on Delta Fair Blv (Homicide 1)