On Friday, the Oakley Police Department said remains of Alexis Gabe have been found in Plymouth, CA. Gabe went missing in January and is believed to have been killed by her ex-boyfriend, Marshall Jones. Whom police killed when he came at law enforcement armed with a knife in June.
The following was released by the Oakley Police Department:
Yesterday afternoon a local resident of the Plymouth, California area discovered something suspicious that was thought to be human remains. Plymouth California is in the County of Amador. The resident notified the Amador County Sheriff’s Office of what was found and members of the Amador County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and did recover the remains. Due to the time of day and diminishing daylight it was determined it would be best to keep watch over the area and initiate a more thorough investigation this morning. Members of the Oakley Police Department and the Antioch Police Department responded to the Plymouth area early this morning to assist with the investigation. The specific location is an area just off of Jackson Road in Plymouth. The area of where Alexis’ remains were found have been searched further and no other remains have been located.
The collaborative investigation did confirm the partial remains were human. A forensic odontologist responded to the Amador County Sheriff’s Office facility to examine the remains. The forensic odontologist positively identified the remains as those of Alexis Gabe.
The Gabe family has been notified and they are requesting respect and privacy during this time of mourning.
Jackson Road is an area we identified early on as an area where Marshall Curtis Jones travelled to in the hours and days after Alexis was reported as missing.
Due to the nature of the condition of Alexis’ remains, and the lack of her full body, we do believe the remainder of her remains are scattered in various areas.
Due to the condition of Alexis’ remains we realize there may never be a full recovery of her. The City of Oakley has determined there will be no extensions of reward funds for any future remains that may be found.
A press conference will be scheduled for early next week and we will provide details for the date and time as soon as possible.
- Aug 17 – District Attorney and Police Agencies Meet with Gabe Family
- June 5 – Seattle Police Release Video of Fatal Shooting of Suspect in Alexis Gabe Case
- June 2 – Contra Costa District Attorney’s Statement on the Murder of Alexis Gabe
- June 2 – Murder Suspect in the Alexis Gabe Case Killed Following Attack on Law Enforcement Officers
- May 25 – Oakley Announces Alexis Gabe Reward Fund Increased to $100,000
- May 16 – Oakley Police Say Reward in Alexis Gabe Case Increased to $60k
- May 13 – Oakley Police Announce Evidence Recovery in Alexis Gabe Case
- April 28 – Oakley Police Describe Person of Interest in Alexis Gabe Case
- April 26 – Oakley Police to Announce $10k Reward in Alexis Gabe Case
- Feb 16 – Oakley Police Say Disappearance of Alexis Gabe Remains Top Priority
- Feb 1 – Oakley Police Serve Search Warrant in Alexis Gabe Missing Person Case
- Jan 31 – Oakley Police Say Locating Alexis Gabe a Top Priority
- Jan 27 – Oakley Police Looking for Missing Adult Female