A giant cloud of black smoke was scene throughout East County as a fire on the far east side of Oakley on Sandmound Boulevard in Oakley/Bethel Island this evening.
- 7:30pm: (Estimate) Black smoke reported at Sandmound Blvd.
- 7:40 pm: Reports that propane tanks were on fire with boats being threatened, three homes still threatened with ember fire on home No. 3, backup still not arrived.
- 7:45pm: Initial fire contained by engines 52 & 93, but there still have active roof fire.
- 7:59 pm: all three incidents at this location are under control. Appears fire timer was 20-minutes.
- 8:09 pm: PG&E cancelled for check.
Station 93 in Oakley is a total distance of 5.5-miles to Sandmound Blvd., in Oakley with an estimated time traveled of 14-minutes for a non-emergency vehicle.
Station 52 in Brentwood is a total distance of 12-miles to Sandmound Blvd., in Oakley with an estimated time traveled of 25-minutes for a non-emergency vehicle.
CONFIRE backup I believe came from Pittsburg which for estimates sake I’ll say 17-miles estimated time traveled of 26-minutes for a non-emergency vehicle (note: dealing with Highway 4 traffic)
Will update as more intelligence comes in.