The following is a sampling of the Oakley Police Calls over the past week reported between April 18-24 which focuses on the higher priority call responses.
COMMERCIAL BURGLARY SUSPECT LOCATED –PROPERTY AND HANDGUN RECOVERED
On Saturday, April 24, at approximately 4:28 PM, officers were dispatched to the 2800 block of Main Street reference a suspicious vehicle at the business. Upon their arrival, the vehicle was gone, but officers discovered that the business had been burglarized, with several sensitive high-value items taken.
On Sunday, April 25, at approximately 12:07 AM, an alert officer located a vehicle matching the description from the burglary that had been committed just eight hours prior. An investigation by the team led to the arrest of the suspect, who was already on probation. Most of the stolen items were recovered along with a handgun. The investigation is ongoing. The suspect was later booked into the Martinez Detention Center for the burglary, violation of probation, and possession of the firearm.
LOADED FIREARM DISCOVERED DURING ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION
On Monday, April 26, at approximately 4:03 AM, officers responded to the area of Rose and Cypress reference a two-vehicle traffic collision, no injuries. A witness on scene advised officers that they had seen one of the drivers involved in the collision throw something over a fence, prior to officers’ arrival. Officers searched the area and located a loaded handgun. A suspect was identified and the investigation is ongoing.
DRUG TAKE BACK DAY A SUCCESS!
On Saturday, April 24, the City of Oakley hosted a Drug Take Back Day at the police department. The event was worked by Oakley’s very own CERT volunteers, who were able to collect seven (7) boxes of old and unwanted prescriptions. The 111 pounds of drugs were transported for safe and legal disposal.
MAN ARRESTED FOR BRANDISHING GUN
On Tuesday, April 27, at around 4:00 p.m., officers were dispatched to a business on the 5700 block of Main Street regarding an adult male brandishing a gun. Officers arrived and were able to safely get the suspect, Michael Ferguson, into custody without incident. He was upset with the service at the establishment and brandished a firearm. The firearm was recovered and Ferguson was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility for carrying a concealed weapon, brandishing a weapon, and felon in possession of a weapon.
- 4/21 – 200 block Hearthstone Cr.
- 4/21 – AMPM
- 4/21 – 100 block Warhol Way
- 4/20 – Freedom High School
- 4/24 – Main St & Gardenia
- 4/19 – Jack in the Box
- 4/18 – Main St & Bridgehead Rd.
- 4/18 – 60 block Riesling Ct.
- 4/18 – Hill Ave & Main St.
- 4/24 – 1200 block Poplar Dr.
Failure to Obey
- 4/24 – NB 160
- 4/19 – Jersey Island Rd & Dutch Slough Rd.
Other – Felony
- 4/18 – Wilbur Ave & Bridgehead Rd.
- 4/18 – 1200 block Fetzer Lane
- 4/21 – 2100 block El Lago Dr.
- 4/24 – 1200 block Poplar Dr.
- 4/22 – 1100 block Lake Park Dr.
- 4/18 – 200 block Shearwatrer Way
- 4/19 – 2000 block Main St.
- 4/19 – 50 block Carol Lane
- 4/23 – Main St & Carol Lane
- 4/18 – not available
- 4/19 – Main St & Railroad Tracks
- 4/19 – 1400 block Laurel Rd.
- 4/22 – E Cypress Rd & Main St.
- 4/22 – 4500 block Wilbur
- 4/23 – 1400 block Laurel Rd.
- 4/23 – Big Break Marina
- 4/21 – 4700 block Main St.
- 4/21 – Big Break Marina
- 4/24 – 2100 block E Cypress Rd
- 4/22 – Gardenia Ave & Buttons Ct.
- 4/23 – AM PM Main St & Wilbur