On Tuesday, The Antioch Police Department released photographs of a suspect vehicle in connection with the fatal shooting that occurred on February.
The incident occurred on Canada Valley Drive near Pinnacle View Drive on February 8 at 7:00 pm. A shooting occurred in the intersection of Canada Valley Drive and Pinnacle View Drive, Antioch.
If you have any information, please contact Detective Whitaker at 925-779-6890 or [email protected].gov.
You can also send an anonymous text tip to CRIMES (274637) with the keyword ANTIOCH.
At 7:02 pm Tuesday, the Antioch Police Department responded to a report of shots fired in the area of Mountain Ridge Way and Pinnacle View Way in the City of Antioch.
Upon arrival, a vehicle was located with multiple gunshots and casings on the ground. A female was found to be wounded. Contra Costa County Fire arrived on scene and began CPR. The female was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
No other information was provided and was available.
Detectives from the APD Investigations Bureau responded to the scene and learned the shots possibly came from another vehicle in the area of Canada Valley and Laurel Road. Investigators are diligently working this case and kindly ask the public to please check their surveillance and dash cameras in the area of Canada Valley and Laurel Road around 7:00 pm (+/- 10 minutes).
Inquiries or information about this case can be directed to Detective Whitaker at (925) 779-6890 or email: [email protected].
1:00 am Update
ANTIOCH, CA. On 2/08/2022 at approximately 7:02 PM, Antioch Police Department dispatch received a call from a motorist, a 29-year-old male, who requested medical attention on Canada Valley Rd near Pinnacle View Way, due to his 76-year-old female passenger having difficulties breathing.
American Medical Response, Contra Costa County Fire Department and Antioch Police patrol officers responded to the scene. Antioch officers arrived on the scene alongside America Medical Response and began life-saving measures on the female victim, who appeared to be having a medical emergency.
During rescue efforts, it was discovered the victim sustained at least one gunshot wound to her back. Due to the extent of her injuries, the victim was transported to an area hospital where she ultimately succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced deceased.
The Antioch Police Department’s Investigations Unit responded to the scene. Investigators determined the victims were shot at by an unknown vehicle traveling in the immediate area of Canada Valley Road. This is an ongoing and active investigation, and no further information will be released at this time.
- FILE: 22–000958
- INCIDENT: Homicide
- DATE OF INCIDENT: February 8, 2022
- TIME OF INCIDENT: 7:02 PM
- LOCATION: Canada Valley Road and Pinnacle View Way
- VICTIM(S): 76–years old female (Antioch resident)–Deceased
- 29–year–old male (Antioch resident)–Uninjured
- SUSPECT(S): Unknown Suspect
Additional inquiries or information can be directed to Antioch Police Detective Whitaker at (925) 779-6890 or by emailing [email protected]. Anonymous tips or information about this – or any other incident – can be sent via text to 274637 (CRIMES) with the keyword ANTIOCH
Known 2022 Shootings
- April 1: Man Shows up at Hospital With Gunshot Wound
- March 28: 16-Year-Old Shot Near Deer Valley High School Prompts Brief Lockdown
- March 14: At least 10 gunshots in the area of E. Madill Street with subject shot
- March 13: Male shot at Clayburn and Lone Tree Way – walks into hospital with multiple gunshot wounds.
- Feb 25: Antioch Police Say Single Shot Fired in Overnight 7-Eleven Robbery on Hillcrest
- Feb 24: Antioch Police Investigating Overnight Shooting on Longhorn Way
- Feb 15: Female Shot in the hand in 700 block of F Street
- Feb 13: Subject arrived at hospital with gunshot wound. Area of Highway 4 or Larskpur area (no info by APD or CHP)
- Feb 8: 76-Year-Old Woman Fatally Shot, Antioch Police Seek Public Assistance (Homicide 4)
- Feb 6: Female Shot in the hand (J Street)
- Feb 2: Antioch Police Announce Arrest in Shootout on Peppertree Way
- Feb 1: Antioch Police Investigate Shooting on Madill Court (Homicide 2 & 3)
- Jan 24: Updated: Antioch Police Investigating Fatal Shooting on Delta Fair Blv (Homicide 1)