Tonight, the Ironhouse Sanitary District will host a public hearing to consider an adjustment in Trunkline and Plant Capacity fees for fiscal year 2015/16.
According to the agenda, the District is asking for a $23 increase in the Trunkline Capacity Fee bringing the total fee to $920 per EDU. For the Plant Capacity Fee, the District is seeking a $119 increase bringing the fee to a total of $4,787.50
The Ironhouse Sanitary District serves residents both within the City of Oakley and Bethel Island.
The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. and will be held at the Ironhouse Sanitary District Office, 450 Walnut Meadows Drive, Oakley, California.
For the full agenda, click here
A Little Further Out:
ISD to Discuss Sewer Service Charge Increase
On June 2, 2015 at 7:00pm, the Ironhouse Sanitary District have issued a Notice of a Public hearing on setting the sewer service charge for 2015-16.
The proposed new annual sewer charge of $658 per ESU will be a 3.3 percent increase above the current rate of $637 and will take effect July 1, 2015 if adopted. If approved, the new rate will appear as a special assessment on the property tax bill for each property ISD serves. The maximum ISD can charge its users is $680.
ISD is citing rising costs as the reason behind the increase which include:
- Rising operating costs to collect, treat and dispose of wastewater.
- Loan payments for the Water Recycling Facility
- Repair and upgrade of ageing sewer Infrastructure
- Increase cost to meet regulatory requirements
- Fund reserve policies to insure adequate funds are available for future infrastructure maintenance replacement costs, and to slowly fund a rate stabilization reserve.
Here is a look at the rate increases since 2000:
- 2014 – $637 (+19 increase)
- 2013 – $618 (No change)
- 2012 – $618 (+26 increase)
- 2011 – $559 (+18 increase)
- 2010 – $574 (+32 increase)
- 2009 – $542 (+32 increase
- 2008 – $510 (+45 increase)
- 2007 – $465 (+53 increase)
- 2006 – $412 (+52 increase)
- 2005 – $360 (+60 increase)
- 2004 – $300 (+9 increase)
- 2003 – $291 (+9 increase)
- 2002 – $282 (+6 increase)
- 2001 – $276 (+18 increase
- 2000 – $258 (+10 increase)
Ironhouse Sanitary has no problem voting NO on ECCFD assessment. Seems like they have been soaking the public with rate increases for the past 15 years and now they want more.
People need to look at this increase and ask questions on how much they have raised the salary/retirement benefits for their employees over the past 15 years.
Comments are closed.