Home ECCFPD ECCFPD Saves Oakley Home

ECCFPD Saves Oakley Home

by ECT

East Contra Costa Fire Protection District had a nice save yesterday where a house should have gone up in flames but was saved by our firefighter crews with assistance from CONFIRE.  While I do not have all the details yet, here is what I do know. The fire occurred around 4:00 pm at Almadon Ct.  which is off Vintage Parkway in Oakley.

According to Sam Bradley, this was a second story fully involved master bedroom just short of taking out the roof. East Contra Costa engines 93 and 94, and Contra Costa Fire engines 88, 81, and 82 knocked it down in record time and saved this family’s house.

Via Incident Report:

According to the incident report, engine 93 arrived on scene to find the second story of the home with smoke and flames coming from the side of the second story bedroom. All occupants made it out of the home and the utilities were secured.

Engine 88 and 81 were assigned to attack the fire on the second floor while engine 82 performed primary search on all floors. Engine 94 was assigned to roof ventilation.

There was total loss of the second floor master bedroom and contents within with some damage throughout the residents.

One civilian was injured with secondary burns and smoke inhalation. An unattended candle may be the cause.


almaden ct

Here are photographs sent to me by Nate Anderson – Click to enlarge.

almadon-structure-firedsc_0029-copy almadon-structure-firedsc_0034-copy almadon-structure-firedsc_0047-copy almadon-structure-firedsc_0050-copy almadon-structure-firedsc_0064-copy almadon-structure-firedsc_0066-copy almadon-structure-firedsc_0080-copy

For more of Nate Anderson’s work, you can visit his website at http://eastbayfreelancephotography.com/ as he covers police and fire activity around the area.

Sam Bradley sent me the following pictures from the same incident as these came off her camera phone.

IMG_0782 IMG_0758 IMG_0761 IMG_0764 IMG_0774 IMG_0775 IMG_0780 IMG_0781

You may also like


Nick Jan 18, 2013 - 7:38 am

Way to go guys! Your worth every penny! This could have happened to anyone and this is why fire service is so vital to the community.

JimSimmons42 Jan 18, 2013 - 7:41 am

Great shots by Nate and Sam. Thank god it didn’t spread to another home and it looks like it was just the top floor. My hats off.

In the Know Jan 18, 2013 - 9:06 am

Just for arguments sake, what if 94 was not re-opened and the district never received the grant? How differently could this have ended with the second engine coming from either Brentwood or Discovery Bay? Wake up people! $197 was cheap when your home is on the line and you have secondary burns! $197 is simply a very nice evening out! Imagine having to replace an entire house full of items, memories you can never get back or even a family member or friend.

B-Wood Jan 18, 2013 - 9:56 am

Great job to both East Co and Con Fire. You guys are worth every dime. Too bad some of the citizens around here don’t realize it until they need your services. It’s always the same mentality; “it will never happen to me”…But the statistics prove otherwise.

Too bad for many it takes this kind of emergency to provide that wake up call.

I wonder if this particular homeowner supported the fire taxes? I’ll bet he/she does now.

Guess we will never know.

Thanks again for another fine example of why we need the people in the red trucks!

KissA Jan 18, 2013 - 1:19 pm

Its their job, it is what they are suppose to do. Geesh

B-Wood Jan 18, 2013 - 3:47 pm


Guess you missed the part about there not being enough of them (or funding) to properly and safely do their job.

So thanks once again to our firefighters for doing more with less.


Comments are closed.