Home Contra Costa County Contra Costa District Attorney Issues Statement Regarding Wedding Party at Her Home

Contra Costa District Attorney Issues Statement Regarding Wedding Party at Her Home

by ECT
Diane Becton

On Sunday, Contra Costa County District Attorney Diane Becton issued a statement following national news coverage of her wedding over the summer which she held in the backyard of her El Sobrante home.

The event was held on Aug. 1, which was well known over the summer by many elected leaders in Contra Costa County, is now making national news as she is a potential candidate for California Attorney General if appointed by Governor Gavin Newsom.

Ahead of the wedding, Becton told neighbors, via note, that there would be 20-30 extra cars parked in the area on August 1 while Contra Costa County was at high risk of COVID-19 transmission. Becton also said no cases of COVID-19 were linked to her wedding.

Diane Becton posted the following statement to social media:

A news article was published today about my wedding last year. The article highlighted details of my ceremony, which was held outdoors in the backyard with a very close group of family members and friends. I wanted you to hear directly from me before further attention is given to my ceremony.
In advance of my wedding, I called our local health department for guidance to ensure I was abiding by state and local health guidelines. I believed that since this was an outdoor only event that I would be okay as long as proper safety precautions were adhered to. I ensured all my guests had their temperature taken before entering the backyard, everyone wore masks, and were socially distanced throughout the ceremony. While I did serve food after the ceremony, the meals were individually plated and served to each guest. I did everything I believed was in proper guidance with what I thought was allowed.
I realize public officials like myself are held to a higher standard, as we should be. We are all being asked to make sacrifices during COVID, and that includes those who serve the public. There were no cases of COVID-19 associated with me wedding.
Back in November, the District Attorney’s office worked to create a task force to handle COVID-19 complaints to enforce social gathering rules.
On January 21, the California Legislative Black Caucus (CLBC) announced that they unanimously endorse and support Contra Costa District Attorney Diana Becton to serve as the next Attorney General of California.
News Stories:
Editors Note:
Something to consider here is with Becton reaching out to Contra Costa Health for guidance about the event, many other public officials were then also made aware of the event and said nothing all while preaching “stay home”, “social distance”, “wear a mask” and do not gather.   Also, many local businesses have also been fined as the goal posts keep moving.

You may also like

11 comments

Tax Payer Feb 7, 2021 - 8:07 pm

Soros backed and above the law. RECALL them ALL! California gets what they vote for! You pions do what we tell you not what we do.

Reply
Sharla Calip Feb 8, 2021 - 8:45 am

I pay taxes

Reply
Vote her out folks Feb 8, 2021 - 8:52 am

The racist, corrupt, Soros puppet,DA.

Reply
Jg Feb 8, 2021 - 9:08 am

It is so Sad to see Public Officials explain away why they are above the rest. All those businesses fined for doing similar should be refunded the fine. This California two tier justice system is wrong.

Reply
B from Antioch Feb 8, 2021 - 11:56 am

Why shouldn’t she be chosen as the next California AG. She’ll fit right in with Newsom and his criminals in power. But she may not want to consider that job. I hear the last female AG was required to do extracurricular work for her superiors! :o. I’m sure that since she’s already a Soros stooge, she wouldn’t mind that though.

Reply
NO PROPAGANDA THANKS Feb 8, 2021 - 4:06 pm

So she checked with the health department. They told her it was ok. She took precautions – masks, social distancing – and no one was infected. Why is there an editor’s note at the end of this story?

Maybe the “Soros puppet” comment tells me all I need to know. Wacko right-wing bias. Go peddle your paper elsewhere.

Reply
LTH Feb 8, 2021 - 4:16 pm

In August restaurants were open for socially distanced outside dining so what is the issue. She followed the rules, they work masks and socially distance. I wonder how many of the self-righteous complaining posters can say the same.

Reply
Robert C. Feb 9, 2021 - 4:36 am

Oh God, give the Soros nonsense a rest already.

Reply
Your Mother Feb 9, 2021 - 9:59 am

You know the relentless Trump cult is losing its collective two brain cells over this one when you read George Soros’ name more than once LOL

Reply
funky off Feb 9, 2021 - 1:39 pm

any adult that puts LOL at the end of a sentence is a moron.

Reply
Sean Feb 9, 2021 - 6:09 pm

Well another socialist who does what they want to do, but expects others to follow the guidelines. This is the same clown that supports looters, hey if they are stealing something they need then it’s ok!?!?! Should be recalled along with Newscum

Reply

Leave a Comment