Home Oakley Applications Now Being Accepted for Oakley City Planning Commissioner

Applications Now Being Accepted for Oakley City Planning Commissioner

by ECT

The Oakley City Council has re-established the Planning Commission as a separate body and is now seeking applications. The Planning Commission will be tasked with:

  • Deciding on all matters referred to by the Zoning Administrator, Parcel Maps (fewer than 5 parcels), Conditional Use Permits and Design Review (when not a Staff level approval).
  • Making recommendations to the City Council on all proposed development agreements, zone changes, zoning text amendments, adoption or amendments to specific plans or the General Plan, and other legislative land-use matters.
  • Periodically reviewing the Capital Improvement Program.
  • Approving, adopting, or certifying environmental documents, to the extent required under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), for any matters for which the commission is the deciding body.
  • For matters in which the Planning Commission acts as a recommending body, it shall make recommendations concerning any CEQA documents in conjunction with its recommendations concerning the merits of the proposed actions.

The City Council will appoint five Planning Commissioners to serve four-year terms. (The initial appointment will require a staggered appointment of 2 and 4 year terms.)

Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 10th at 5:00 p.m. Appointment of the Commissioners is expected to take place at either the September 28th or October 12th City Council Meeting.

Commissioners will be required to file Conflict of Interest disclosure forms and comply with all the Conflict of Interest regulations about not participating in matters in which they have a financial interest. Commissioners receive no compensation for their participation. All Commissioners will receive ethics and Brown Act training in addition to training specific to land use and environmental law.

For additional information and applications to apply, please contact Kim Carmody at (925) 625-7048 or [email protected]

The application is available here: https://bit.ly/3COIo1B

You may also like