In this episode, Oakley City Councilmember Sue Higgins talks about her dealings with Multiple Sclerosis and highlights World MS Day… we also talk about the City of Oakley and COVID-19 as she works in a hospital.
- 0:50 – Intro and World Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Day. We get into her dealing with an MS attack and what it does to someone. She talks about how she has been dealing with it since 2014.
- 05:45 – We talk about MS and National MS Society and how people can find folks locally to speak with and network.
- 07:19 – We get into City of Oakley… we chat about Skipolini’s coming to downtown. We also get into business in the downtown such as the entrepreneur center.
- 12:02 – Higgins, who works in a hospital, she gets into the impact COVID-19. She was on the line to check for COVID-19 before employees entered the hospital.
- 17:45 – Covid-19 & City of Oakley response
- 22:53 – We get into the new Oakley Logistics Center on Bridgehead.
- 25:01 – Higgins provides an update on the park’s maintenance between Oakley & School District
- 25:57 – I ask what the deal is with this train station in downtown Oakley.
- 31:34 – Housing Development in Oakley, Developments keep coming in.
- 33:01 – We get into when Oakley Police may increase staffing.
- 35:15 – We get into the closing of the Oakley Chamber of Commerce and bring them back. How to get home based businesses to participate.
- 39:20 – I can’t even get on the city list for their annual survey. Attitude at City Hall needs to change and work on improving community communication. Higgins explain with social media, they can turn phones on, but people really do need to come to meetings and engage with the council and city hall. We get into zoning and what Senator Wiener’s bill could do to property around BART.
- 45:55 – Oakley could be moving to District Elections
- 49:05 – I get into how Kevin Romick drives me nuts at times.
- 49:43 – We get into Higgins love of supporting local business – especially Lumpy’s Diner along with her love of bacon. We also get into La Gange, Brownstone Gardens, and Sabrina’s Pizza.
- 57:03 – Higgins highlights why she is a big supporter of Congressman Jerry McNerney. We also get into Senator Steve Glazer, Assemblyman Jim Frazier and Supervisor Diane Burgis. We also talk Mark DeSaulnier.
- 1:07:30 – Higgins explains the glasses in photos.
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.