At approximately 11:15 am Tuesday, the Antioch Police Department responded to reports of multiple gunshots heard on Aspen Way in the City of Antioch.
Upon arrival, police located two victims suffering from gunshot wounds. One victim was shot in the face and another shot in the neck. One victim was in critical condition and airlifted to a local hospital while another victim was transported by ground ambulance to a hospital.
According to preliminary information, police are investigating a possible drive by shooting and its believed at least 20-shots were fired.
No other information has been released.
UPDATE per Antioch Police
- INCIDENT: Drive-By Assault w/a Firearm
- DATE OF INCIDENT: March 9, 2021
- TIME OF INCIDENT: 11:14 AM
- LOCATION: 2100 Block of Aspen Way
- VICTIM: Male Adult, 22 years-old
- VICTIM: Male Adult, 21 years-old
- SUSPECT(S): Unknown
On 3/9/2021, at approximately 11:14 AM, Antioch police officers were called to the 2100 block of Aspen Way on the report of a subject that was shot in the street.
Numerous officers responded to the scene and located a sedan stopped in the street with several bullet holes in it. The vehicle was unoccupied. Officers quickly learned that the vehicle was occupied by two male victims who were wounded and fled to a nearby residence. The suspect(s) responsible for the shooting fled the scene in a vehicle and were not located.
The victims, 21 and 22 years-old, were found to have both been shot. Officers immediately began providing first-aid and called for emergency paramedics. Ultimately, both victims were transported to local area hospitals. One was transported by ambulance, and the other was transported by helicopter.
The victims in this case appear to have been targeted by the suspect(s). Currently, the 21 year-old victim is listed in critical but stable condition, and the 22 year-old victim is listed in critical condition.
Antioch Police Department’s Crime Scene Investigators and Detectives with the Violent Crimes and Special Operations Units responded to the scene and took over the investigation.
Currently, detectives are working to identify any suspects or persons-of-interest. The investigation is still active, and evidence is being collected and evaluated.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Antioch Police Department non-emergency line at (925)778-2441. You may also text-a-tip to 274637 (CRIMES) using the key word ANTIOCH.
- Updated: Antioch Police Investigating Saturday Shooting
- UPDATED: Two In Custody After Vehicle Crash, Firearms Recovered in Antioch
- Updated: 18-Year-Old Shows Up at Local Antioch Hospital With Gunshot Wound
- Formal Charges Filed Against Suspect in Discovery Bay Homicide and Antioch Multiple Shooting Suspect
- Antioch: Woman Struck Twice by Gunfire on W 20th Street
- UPDATED: Two Arrested After Armed Robbery and Shooting at Antioch Target
- Updated: Antioch Police Investigating In-Custody Death on James Donlon Road
- Discovery Bay: Sheriff’s Office Arrests Homicide Suspect in Multiple Shooting Incident