According to City Manager Steve Duran, the Antioch Police Department had 1,685 calls for service netting 82 arrests between September 17-23.
Of those arrests, 22 were felony and 53 were misdemeanor. They also had 2 DUI arrests.
POLICE DEPARTMENT UPDATES
- On 9/23/2015 at 11:02 pm, officers responded to the report of an accident in the 200 block of Wilbur Ave. The subsequent investigation revealed that 67 year old Alberto Torres was driving westbound on Wilbur Avenue when he lost control of his vehicle and left the roadway. He crossed over a lawn in front of an apartment complex and came to rest against a parked car after going through a small fence. Torres was determined to be under the influence of alcohol. He was transported to a local hospital and later booked at the county jail.
- On 9/22/2015 at 9:59 pm, an officer contacted 23 year old William Landers walking in the area of “C” and W.19th streets. A records check revealed Landers had an outstanding arrest warrant for possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested without incident and booked at the county jail.
- On 9/22/15 at 8:03 am, officers responded to a residence on Terrace Dr. regarding an assault involving a knife. The 50 year old female victim became involved in a heated argument with 54 year old Lance Rebeles. As the argument escalated, Rebeles grabbed a knife from the kitchen and started slashing at the victim while threatening to kill her. The victim got a frying pan and fended him off. Other people at the house intervened and Rebeles put the knife away. Afterwards, he punched the victim several times in the head and face until people separated them. Rebeles was arrested and later booked at the county jail on the charges of felony threats and assault. The victim was not stabbed and sustained moderate injuries.
- On 9/21/2015 at 11:19 pm, officers responded to 2727 Hillcrest Ave. regarding a suspicious vehicle at the location possibly dumping items. When officers arrived, they found the vehicle and determined it was occupied by 33 year old Carlos Morales. A records check revealed Morales had an outstanding arrest warrant charging vehicle theft, possession of stolen property and possession of burglary tools. He was arrested without incident and booked at the county jail.
- On 9/21/2015 10:21 pm, officers conducted follow up on burglaries from the prior night which had occurred at the Delta RC store on W 10th St. In both incidents, the suspect used an SUV to drive through the doors of the store and merchandise worth approximately $22,000 was stolen. The investigation led to the identity of the suspect, 22 year old Dominique Spears. The officers determined Spears was residing at 850 E Leland Rd. in Pittsburg. Officers contacted Spears at this location and placed him under arrest. They were able to locate and recover $8575 worth of the stolen items at the apartment. Spears was booked at the county jail.
- On 9/21/2015 at 7:48 am, officers responded to KB Massage at 2580 Sycamore Dr. regarding an out of control employee, 44 year old Choung “Henry” Nguyen. Officers learned that Nguyen was a transient and allowed to stay at the business. Today, Nguyen was yelling and screaming for no apparent reason. When officers arrived, Nguyen had walked to the Shell gas station and was screaming in the parking lot. Upon contacting Nguyen, he was aggressive, shouting and attempted to spit on officers. As one officer issued commands to Nguyen he tried to punch her. The officer deployed her Taser and Nguyen fell to the ground. As the officers attempted to take him into custody, Nguyen bit the officer on the right wrist. Another officer assisted taking Nguyen into custody. Fortunately, the bite did not break the officer’s skin. Officers suspected Nguyen was under the influence of a controlled substance and a blood draw was conducted. Nguyen was booked for felony resisting arrest, assault on officers, being under the influence of a controlled substance and an outstanding warrant for assault on medical staff, trespass and resisting arrest.
- On 9/21/2015 at 7:00 am, officers responded to the call of an abandoned car blocking the roadway on Golf Course Rd. near Cache Peak Dr. The investigation led officers to the registered owners house where it was determined the vehicle had been taken by a friends husband, 38 year old Filipe Pollard, without permission. As officers were taking the stolen report from the victim Pollard pulled up to the house in another car. Pollard was detained and found to be intoxicated. Pollard was arrested for DUI and auto theft and booked at the county jail.
- On 9/20/2015, a victim of a recent auto burglary was notified that her credit card was being used to rent a room at the Days Inn at 1605 Auto Center Dr. She reported this to the police. Officers went to the hotel and determined which room was rented with the stolen credit card. Officers made contact in the room with 28 year old Candice Freitas and 41 year old William Donithan. They were found to be in possession of numerous items of stolen property belonging to the victim. Both were arrested and booked at the county jail on identity theft and fraud related charges. Donithan was also booked for violating his parole.
- On 9/19/2015 at 4:37 pm, officers responded to Sears at 2600 Somersville Rd. regarding 31 year old Leonarht Binns being detained for shoplifting. When officers arrived, a records check was conducted and Binns was found to also have an outstanding arrest warrant for assault with a deadly weapon. Binns was taken into custody and later booked at the county jail.
- On 9/19/2015 at 10:28 am, officers were dispatched to the parking lot of the Bonfare market at 907 W. 10th Street on the report of two subjects passed out in a vehicle. 31 year old Jennifer Felix and 25 year old Kevin Herman were both contacted in Felix’s vehicle and found to be under the influence of heroin. Both admitted to using heroin and were booked at the county jail.
- On 9/18/2015 at 11:27 pm, the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office STAR 3 helicopter was overhead near A Street and Bryan Ave. The crew reported repeatedly being struck by a green laser. The crew was able to pinpoint the source to the 10 block of Bryan Avenue. Officers responded and located three suspects at 31 Bryan Avenue. They were identified as 18 year old Jose Saborialopez, 23 year old Alejandro Munoz and 19 year old Manuel Munoz. The trio admitted to shining a high powered green laser at the helicopter. They stated they were “messing around” and did not know it was illegal or dangerous. The laser was recovered and all three were issued promises to appear in court.
- On 9/18/2015 at 10:49 am, officers investigated a suspicious vehicle parked in front of 38 W. Madill St. The license plates were reported as lost or stolen. Upon further investigation, the truck was found to be a reported stolen vehicle from U-Haul. The U-Haul markings had already been removed from the truck. Three subjects in the vehicle were arrested. They were identified as 47 year old Jarrett Jacobs, 37 year old Barton Ramsey and 30 year old Brian Sarmento. In the bed of the truck were several sheets of specialized plywood, new power tools, and sporting equipment. The items appeared to have been taken in some sort of theft. Officers investigated the origin of these items and were able to locate the owner of the sporting equipment who said they were stolen in Walnut Creek two days ago. The trio was booked at the county jail on various felonies. Property from the truck was secured in evidence and a county wide bulletin was published in an attempt to identify the owner of the possible stolen tools and building materials.
- On 9/17/2015 at 6:24 pm, officers responded to the 1000 block of Monterey Dr. regarding a report that 36 year old Lee Brasier was in possession of a firearm. When officers arrived, they spoke to Lee near a parked truck. Lee is a convicted felon and he denied possessing a gun. A search of the home and the truck were conducted and a shotgun shell and eleven rounds of .32 cal ammo were seized. Although no firearm was located, Lee was arrested for being a felon in possession of ammunition. He was booked at the county jail.
- On 9/17/2015 at 2:21 pm, officers located an occupied stolen vehicle in the area of “L” Street and Lemontree Way. Officers followed the vehicle as it turned on to westbound S.R. HWY 4. Officers attempted to stop the vehicle but it failed to yield. The vehicle eventually stopped on the off-ramp for Bailey Rd. in Bay Point. With the assistance of CHP, both the driver and passenger were arrested and the vehicle was towed. The driver, 26 year old Brett Kroh, was booked at the county jail. The passenger was released pending further investigation.