The Contra Costa Water District announced that it anticipates that they will reopen the Los Vaqueros Reservoir on September 26.
The District has been working to clean up the area after recent wildfires to ensure a safe open. They have also been completing the planned construction work on Los Vaqueros Road prior to reopening.
The District said that even with clean up and remediation, certain areas will continue to be closed due to the damage.
Safety Rules and Guidelines at Los Vaqueros
For your safety and ours during COVID-19 Pandemic
Help us keep Los Vaqueros safe by cooperating with the statewide social distancing requirements and watershed rules. Please do the following to protect yourselves, other watershed visitors, and watershed staff during COVID-19 pandemic.
Before heading to Los Vaqueros
- Bring cloth face covering / mask as recommended by the CDC.
- Bring water and hand sanitizer. Drinking fountains will not be available. Bottled water will be available for sale at the Marina.
- Download a Watershed Map (PDF) before leaving home. Or, at the entry kiosk, request a brochure with a map so you can familiarize yourself with the area.
While at Los Vaqueros
- Keep a 6-foot distance from other watershed visitors while shore fishing, hiking, biking, or horseback riding (or with only immediate household members.) Please note: Biking and horseback riding are permitted on the north side of the watershed ONLY.
- Wear cloth face covering / mask when within 6 feet of other watershed visitors. Please keep in mind that any interaction with staff requires a mask to be worn.
Boat rentals available as of July 1
- Boats are first come, first serve.
- Boat rentals are weather dependent. Strong winds prevent us from allowing any boats on the water, so be sure to call the Marina at 925-371-2628 to check wind conditions at LV before heading out to the watershed.
- Masks will be required for boat renters while on gangway and dock, and 6-foot social distancing and masks while in line. Any interaction with staff requires a mask to be worn.
- See details and cost information for boat rentals.
- Parking only in designated (paved and gravel) areas. Citations will be issued for vehicles parked outside of designated areas.
- NO gatherings, picnics, or BBQs.
- NO fishing pier access.
- Marina building will serve customers at back door. Cash and credit payments are accepted.
- Restrooms are all single use.
- Watershed Office is closed.
- Interpretive Center is closed.
- Be aware of high-touch points such as benches, restrooms, etc. Use gloves or hand sanitizer.
- Pack it in. Pack it out. Do not leave trash on trails or near the shore.
For more information: https://www.ccwater.com/423/Recreation