Martinez, CA – Contra Costa County is launching the implementation phase of the Northern Waterfront Economic Development Initiative, a regional partnership supporting sustainable economic growth along the Highway 4 corridor in Contra Costa County, on Friday, May 10, 2019, from 10 am – 3 pm in Antioch, CA.
This event will feature California State Treasurer Fiona Ma as the scheduled keynote speaker. The forum brings together elected officials, including county supervisors and mayors of seven cities, regional thought leaders, and business and nonprofit representatives to recognize an important milestone in the Northern Waterfront Initiative that will “bring jobs to the people” and grow the economic vitality of our County and region.
Event: Northern Waterfront Forum 2019: Bringing the Jobs to the People
Location: Antioch Community Center, 4703 Lone Tree Way, Antioch CA 94531
Schedule: 10 am- 3 pm Presentations (see list of speakers below)
Purpose: Motivation and inspiration to collaborate on economic development projects supporting sustainable job growth.
For details and to view the event streamed live on Friday, go to Northern Waterfront Economic Development Initiative.
Speakers (invited speakers):
- Supervisor Diane Burgis, District 3
- Supervisor Federal Glover, District 5
- State Treasurer Fiona Ma
- Brentwood Mayor Bob Taylor
- Oakley Mayor Claire Alaura
- Antioch Mayor Dr. Sean Wright
- Pittsburg Mayor Juan Antonio Banales
- Concord Mayor Carlyn S. Obringer
- Martinez Mayor Rob Schroder
- Hercules Mayor Dan Romero
- Ivan Ramirez, Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA)
- Chris Anderson, 3DR
- Robert Ogilvie, SPUR
- Kate Sofis, SFMADE
- Steve Heminger, MTC/ABAG (retired)
The County’s Contra Costa Television (CCTV) will livestream the public forum on its Contra Costa Television YouTube Channel with subsequent broadcasts on local government channels.