Here is a look at this weeks events going on in East Contra Costa County for the weekend of July 11-13 which includes multiple options for concerts including a Prince Tribute Band at Hannah Nicole Winery as well as Antioch’s Summer Concert Series returns.
July 10-11: Donate Blood in Honor of Matthew Ouimet and Brandon Burnett
The event is being held in Honor of Matthew Ouimet and Brandon Burnett. Burnett is the 22-year-old deceased donor whose organs who Ouimet received.
According to Kristi Wiscarver Ouimet, they host 3 blood drives a year because its so important to get involved and help the community. She stated her son Matthew needed over 25 blood transfusions before, during and after his transplant.
The event will begin on Friday at 9:00 am and run through 3:00 pm. On Saturday, the event will begin at 8:00 am and run through 1:00 pm.
For an appointment, visit www.redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-Red-Cross (1-800-733-2767) using sponsor code: Matthew Ouimet .
If you have any questions regarding you eligibility to donate blood, please call 1-866-236-3276.
July 10: March for Peace
At 7:00 pm Friday, you are invited to join the community for an anti-violence March and Prayer in Bay Point. This event is in response to recent shootings in the community. The march will start at Riverview Middle School (205 Pacifica Ave) and end at Bay Point Church (3801 Camino Andres. They are asking participants to wear white and bring a candle.
For more information, contact Jovana Fajardo from ACCE (925) 437-9570 or Yuritzy Gomez from CCISCO at (925) 322-9070
July 11: Hannah Nicole Vineyards & Winery presents The Purple Ones”
Please join us for the kickoff of our summer concert series! Enjoy an evening under the stars on the lawn with our returning headliners, the The Purple Ones, a tribute to Prince.
We will have great summer fare on site for purchase, and we will have picnic “baskets” available for advance VIP tickets. For more information, visit www.hnvwines.com
Other upcoming concerts include:
- 8/8 – Steely Dan / Chicago Tribute –Aja Vu
- 9/12 – Journey Revisited
Please call with any questions, 925-513-9463 or email at [email protected]
July 11: Brentwood U-Pick at Streets of Brentwood
Travel to various farms and ranches in the Brentwood area, driving on your own and selecting from the many featured farms to picking your own choicest of seasonal fruits from cherries to peaches, apricots to blackberries, strawberries and plums plus tomatoes, and much, much more.
The Streets of Brentwood, adjacent to Hwy. 4 at the Sand Creek Road exit, is just minutes east of San Francisco and Oakland or northeast from San Jose. For more information, visit Streets of Brentwood
Check-In Times 8:00 am – 12:00 pm at The Streets of Brentwood
- Saturday, July 11 (multiple types of berries, peaches, plums and limited cherries.)
- Saturday, July 25 (peaches, nectarines, apricots, and multiple types of berries.)
You are invited to join the 2015 Brentwood Harvest Time Festival in downtown Brentwood this weekend to celebrate the farmlands harvest. The event is being held in Downtown City Park & Community Center focusing on food, family and fun following Pacific Coast Farmers Market.
Festival details are:
- Free admission
- Saturday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm / Sunday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Free parking in City garage
- Partnering with Brentwood Grown / Buy Fresh Buy Local campaigns
- Ribbon Cutting: Local dignitaries, color guard presentation, singing of the National Anthem, blessing from Councilmember Joel Bryant, Police Chaplain, raising of the festival flags and parade of the “Little Veggies” costume contestants
- Two days of live entertainment on Main Stage
- Wine Tasting by local vintners – Contra Costa Wine Growers
- Brewers Beer Garden – 2 domestic / 4 micro-brew
- Thirst Quenching Stand – non-alcoholic beverages
- Local food, art & craft and business vendors
- Cooking demonstrations in Community Center
- Agricultural related booths & demonstrations in Community Center
- “Friends of the Harvest” App Alley – Brentwood area business vendors
- Little Veggie’s Children’s Area
- Miniature John Deere Tractor Races
- Harvest Time in Brentwood Farmer’s Market
- Display of antique and new farm tractors & equipment
- Brentwood Sweet Corn Booth
- John Deere Tractor Races
- Harvest King & Queen Essay Contest
- Little Veggies Costume Contest & Parade
- Corn Shucking & Eating Contests
July-August: Antioch Free Saturday Summer Concerts Return to Downtown Antioch
Once again Waldie Plaza in downtown Antioch will be the place to be on Saturday nights in July and August (excluding 7/4 due to the holiday) for free concerts by the river. Local bands will provide a variety of music from 6-8 PM in Waldie Plaza, located between G & I Streets (by Antioch City Hall off of 2nd Street).
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets and visit a downtown restaurant before the concert or bring a light meal/snack with you. Wadie Plaza is a designated park and park rules apply (no alcohol, dogs on leash, etc.).
The musical lineup is:
- July 11th – Del Soul (Blues, R&B)
- July 18th – Tuck & Roll (50’s, 60’s & 70’s)
- July 25th – Vocal-Ease & The Boogie Men (40’s, 50’s & 60’s)
- August 1st – The PHDs (Contemporary, R&B, Latin, Oldies & Jazz)
- August 8th – Nicky D & the All-Stars (Old School)
- August 15th – The Love Handles (70’s, 80’s & 90’s)
- August 22nd – Project 4 (Punk, Soul, Latin, R&B)
- August 29th – Toree McGee & Rodeo House (Today’s Country)
July 11-12: Dans Delta Outdoors Grand Opening
Dans Delta Outdoors is located at 1625 Main Street in Oakley and will host a series of seminars, drawings, special prizes and much more. The store will sell a lot more bait than it has before and while it still will be focused on black bass, the store will carry more items for all types of Delta fishing.
The schedule includes:
- 12:00 pm Capt Stan Koenigsberger Striper Bait Fishing Tactics
- 1:00 pm Tom Sawyer Style Bluegill and Crappie for kids Dan
- 2:00 pm Capt Stan Koenigsberger Striper Trolling
- 3:00 pm Delta Salmon Silvertron Tactics
- 4:00 pm WAFT Rods technology for today’s Anglers
- 5:00 pm Bass Angler Magazine’s Mark Lassange
- 6:00 Delta specialist Bobby Barrack
July 11: Range Day Benefit for Family of Jeremy “Lumpy” Sturgill
Join Golf Bollin between 10:00 am to 11:00 pm on July 11 for a family friendly event to hit golf balls on the range or learn to swing a club. All profits will be contributed to The Jeremy Lumpy Sturgill Fund at Wells Fargo Bank.
They are located at 2901 E. 18th Street in Antioch.
July 11: The Damned Skaters vs. Santa Cruz Derby Girls
The Damned Skaters will have their last home bout of the 2015 season on Saturday July 11th at Paradise Skate! Come out to see the Damned Skaters take on Santa Cruz Roller Girls. Our half time will feature a Drag Performance featuring Stephanie Nicole LeDream (Jimmy Gale), you won’t want to miss! We will be raising awareness for the San Francisco Aids Walk which Jimmy Gale will be participating in. His fundraising page can be viewed here: sf.aidswalk.net/SponsorJ…
Tickets sold in advance here: m.bpt.me/event/1790149. Tickets will also be sold at the door, doors open at 6pm and the action starts at 7pm! Paradise Skate is located at 1201 W 10th St Antioch, CA 94509 (925) 779-0200.
July 11: Antioch Speedway
With the Fourth Of July break behind us, Antioch Speedway is ready for two straight months of weekly racing. It starts on Saturday night with an action packed lineup that includes Winged 360 Sprint Cars, DIRTcar Late Models, IMCA Sport Mods and Hobby Stocks. There aren’t many tracks left in California that have Winged Sprint Cars and Late Models, and Antioch Speedway has them both on the same night.
(click here for full preview)
Antioch Speedway is located within the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds, 1201 W. 10th St. in Antioch, Calif. Racing begins at 6:30 p.m.
July 12: Delta Tactical Training Group Handgun Safety Training
Class Cost: $120.00 + $10.00 range fee
Class Time: 8 hours, 9 AM to 1 PM/Range Time: 2 PM to 4 PM
Class Location: 2504 Verne Roberts Circle, Suite #103, Antioch, CA 94509
Materials Needed: 50 rounds of ammunition and eye/ear protection
Contact: (925) 775-4777
If you have little to no experience with handguns, this is the class for you. You will learn about the basic safety and responsibilities that come with owning and operating a handgun. This class teaches general safety rules, range rules, basic gun laws and transportation and storage of a firearm.
Upcoming Training Dates
- July 12 – Intermediate
- July 19th – Beginner (Women’s Class)
- July 26 – Intermediate
July 18: Knight of the Hotrods
1964 and earlier, American made, traditional styled hot rod and custom car show! Our 8th year of putting on this show in downtown Antioch! Free to all ’64 and earlier hot rods and customs. Free to the public starting at 4-pm at the Riverview Lodge in Antioch.
International Film Showcase Presents The Lunchbox (India)
Sunday July 19, 2015 2:00 pm
A mistaken delivery in Mumbai’s famously efficient lunchbox delivery system connects a young housewife to an older man in the dusk of his life as they build a fantasy world together through notes in the lunchbox.
August 22: Brentwood Bark in the Park
The Brentwood Advisory Neighborhood Committee, BANC, will be sponsoring our Bark in the Park event for the third year on Aug 22, 2015 in Brentwood City Park on the corner of Oak St. and 2nd Street. Registration begins at 9am and the parade begins at 10am. Costumes are permitted but not required. Registration is free but dogs must be up to date on their shots and on a leash. For more information please contact us at [email protected].
August 29: Liberty Lions Band Boosters Present 2nd Annual Casino Night
You are invited to participate in a benefit fundraiser to support the Liberty High School Band between 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm at the Brentwood Community Center. Tickets are limited and cost $50 per person, $75 per couple, $20 meals only. No one under 21 is allowed. Order your tickets by calling Lynn at (925) 858-7088 or email [email protected]
To add your event, email [email protected]