Here is a look at this weeks events in East County for the dates of Sept. 24 through Sept. 29
- Antioch City Council Meeting
- Brentwood City Council Meeting
- Oakley City Council Meeting
- Discovery Bay Chamber of Commerce Mixer, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm,
613 First Street, Suite 211 & 217, Brentwood,
Hosted by HomeLife Senior Care and Annie Jung, M.A., LPCC
- Trevor Gillian Fundraiser, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Brownstone Gardens, 91 Brownstone Road, Oakley
Tri-Tip dinner, $15.00 per adult and you may register at www.Eventbrite.com
- State of the City Address, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Community Center, 35 Oak Street, Brentwood
Bob Taylor, to speak about the city’s budget, transportation projects and upcoming events.
- Karaoke Wednesdays, 7:00 0m, Shadow Lakes Event Center, 401 W. Country Club Drive, Brentwood
No reservations necessary. No cover. No minimum. Dinner and Appetizers available.
- Antioch Chamber of Commerce 75th Anniversary Celebration, 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Antioch Historical Society Museum, 1500 W. 4th Street, Antioch
RSVP to Martha at 925-757-1800 or [email protected]
- Thursday Night Live, Lone Tree Gold & Event Center, 6:00 pm, 4800 Lone Tree Way, Antioch
Live Music on the Patio featuring Toree McGee More information http://www.lonetreegolfcourse.com/
- Pittsburgh Car Show, 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Old Town, Pittsburg
Featuring live performances and other entertainment. $10 entrance fee for cars.
For more information contact Rosemary Tumbaga at 925-252-6981
- Kauwboy (Netherlands) at the El Campanil Theatre in Antioch. This is an International Film Showcase set for Friday September 27, 2013 7:30 pm & Sunday September 29, 2013 2:00 pm Tickets: Adults: $8 Seniors (62 & Over): $7 Youth (under 18): $7. Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here
- Last Chance to Splash, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Brentwood Aquatic Complex, 195 Guthrie Lane, Brentwood
For all middle school students. There will be music, food, games and contests. Tickets are $10.00 each and includes one meal ticket. For more information call 925-516-5444.
- Brentwood Farmers Market, 8:00am to 12:00pm, First Street, Downtown Brentwood
Fresh fruits and vegetables grown and brought directly from local orchards and farms.
Do you have an upcoming event, please let us know so we can add it t our next event preview.
By Amy Schrader
Arts & Entertainment Editor
Email: [email protected]