The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of June they had 686 service calls with an average response time of 8:21 minutes.
In the month of May, the District ran 632 calls with a response time of 8:21 minutes. In calendar year 2018, the District has an average response time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719 calls and in 2017 had a time of 8:02 minutes for 7,530.
In June, the District responded to 8 residential structure fires, 3 commercial structure fire, 4 vehicle fires, 10 vegetation fires and 26 exterior fires. The District also responded to 16 vehicle crashes with an additional 8 requiring rescue. They also had 6 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 5 motorcycle crashes, and 2 bicycle accidents.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of June:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 35% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 308 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 38% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 332 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 18% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 158 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 3% of the calls for 28 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 5% of the calls for 45 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 2 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 14:20 Minutes (30 calls)
- Knightsen – 9:09 Minutes (28 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:31 Minutes (92 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 10:04 Minutes (28 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:40 minutes (309 calls)
- Oakley – 7:08 Minutes (199 calls)
In the month of June, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 45-times with them sending a total of 73 engines. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 42-times for 52 engines.
Some of the incidents include: