The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District report that in the month of December, they had 691 service calls with an average response time of 8:27 minutes.
In the month of November, the District ran 654 calls with a response time of 7:59 minutes. In calendar year 2019, the District has an average response time of 8:19 minutes for 7,679 calls and in 2018 had a time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719.
During the month of December, the District responded to 10 residential structure fires, 0 commercial structure fires, 5 vehicle fires, 0 large vehicle fire, 4 vegetation fire and 21 exterior fires. The District also responded to 26 vehicle crashes with an additional 8 requiring rescue. They also had 1 vehicle vs. pedestrian, 0 motorcycle crashes, and 2 bicycle accidents.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls for Service by Station in the month of December:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 40% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 336 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 36% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 301 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 17% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 141 times.
- Auto Aid assisted in 4% of the calls for 36 rollouts.
- CALFIRE assisted in 2% of the calls for 20 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollout.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 16:34 Minutes (27 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 10:38 Minutes (15 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:30 Minutes (83 calls)
- Knightsen – 10:17 Minutes (30 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:42 minutes (344 calls)
- Oakley – 7:21 Minutes (192 calls)
During the month of December, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa County Fire 36 times, with them sending 43 engines, which 17 arrived on scene. The District in return, sent auto aid to Contra Costa County Fire 39 times providing them 45 engines which 17 arrived on scene