The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District report that in the month of August, they had 679 service calls with an average response time of 9:08 minutes.
In the month of July, the District ran 669 calls with a response time of 9:32 minutes. In calendar year 2019, the District has an average response time of 8:19 minutes for 7,679 calls and in 2018 had a time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719.
During the month of August, the District responded to 5 residential structure fires, 3 commercial structure fires, 7 vehicle fires, 0 large vehicle fires, 13 vegetation fire and 17 exterior fires. The District also responded to 25 vehicle crashes with an additional 8 requiring rescue. They also had 5 vehicle vs. pedestrian, 4 motorcycle crashes, and 2 bicycle accidents.
On the morning of August 16, the District responded to multiple vegetation fires caused by a dry lightning storm that came through the Bay Area and affected out District just after 0500 hours. The bulk of these fires were in the Briones Valley Rd area and the Round Valley Regional Park areas of the District; these areas are located in the SRA portion of the District. These incidents were called the “Deer Zone” incident and wrapped up into the larger “SCU Lightning Complex” fires. Multiple agencies from inside and outside of Contra Costa County responded to the Deer Zone fire; this incident was a CalFire run incident. The “Deer Zone” was declared contained on 8/22 and burned roughly 3,500 acres. No structures or lives were lost in this fire
During the month of August, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa County Fire 38 times, with them sending 62 engines, which 33 arrived on scene. The District in return, sent auto aid to Contra Costa County Fire 30 times providing them 40 engines which 15 arrived on scene.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls for Service by Station in the month of August:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 39% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 317 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 35% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 284 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 19% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 159 times.
- Auto Aid assisted in 5% of the calls for 38 rollouts.
- CALFIRE assisted in 2% of the calls for 18 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 1 rollout.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Marsh Creek – 11:53 Minutes (28 calls)
- Bethel Island – 14:01 Minutes (37 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 11:05 Minutes (110 calls)
- Knightsen – 12:37 Minutes (28 calls)
- Brentwood – 8:05 minutes (305 calls)
- Oakley – 7:28 Minutes (171 calls)
In the month of August, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 67 times with them sending a total of 101 engines with 42 arriving on scene. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 37 times for 46 engines which 19 arrived on scene.