The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of August they had 601 service calls with an average response time of 8:27 minutes.
In the month of July, the District ran 620 calls with a response time of 7:56 minutes. In calendar year 2018, the District has an average response time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719 calls and in 2017 had a time of 8:02 minutes for 7,530.
In August, the District responded to 3 residential structure fires, 3 commercial structure fire, 7 vehicle fires, 8 vegetation fires and 18 exterior fires. The District also responded to 30 vehicle crashes with an additional 15 requiring rescue. They also had 6 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 3 motorcycle crashes, and 2 bicycle accidents.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of June:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 36% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 263 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 34% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 247 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 16% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 115 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 5% of the calls for 36 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 8% of the calls for 61 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 2 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Marsh Creek – 14:39 Minutes (32 calls)
- Bethel Island – 13:59 Minutes (25 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:48 Minutes (79 calls)
- Knightsen – 8:08Minutes (23 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:43 minutes (277 calls)
- Oakley – 6:51 Minutes (164 calls)
In the month of August, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 61-times with them sending a total of 113 engines with 67 arriving on scene. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 51-times for 86 engines where 21 arrived on scene.