The East Bay Regional Park District Board of Directors announced Friday that they have selected three finalist who will interview on January 31 to fill a vacant seat in Ward 7.
The application process resulted in 20 applicants applying for the seat vacated by Diane Burgis who was elected to the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors this past November.
On Wednesday and Thursday, the Park District interviewed 6 applicants which include: Colin Jay Coffey, Ken Gray Jr, AnaMarie Avila Farias, Satinder Singh Malhi , Lloyd Lee Mason, and Timothy W. Platt.
The three finalist announced are:
- Colin Jay Coffey – Hercules: is a member of the Park Districts advisory committee for 13-years and is a park ambassador for 13-years. He was also involved in the Contra Costa Democratic Party.
- Ken Gray, Jr. – Antioch – served 30 years with the City of Pittsburg where he was a recreation supervisor, was a coordinator at the Ambrose Park & Recretion Cetner, and has many community organization affiliations.
- Satinder Singh Malhi – Martinez: is a former staffer with the California State Legislator working for Assemblywoman Susan Bonilla, Senator Mark DeSaulnier, Senator Ellen Corbett and Senator Jackie Speier. He also worked at the City of Martinez as a special project assistant in the Economic Development Department.
According to the Agenda, the interviews will begin at 1:15 pm and will go through 2:45 pm where the Board will then vote on who will fill the vacancy.
The seat is for Ward 7 represents the communities of Antioch, Bay Point, Bethel Island, Brentwood, Byron, Crockett, Discovery Bay, Hercules, Knightsen, Martinez, Mt. View, Oakley, Pacheco, portion of Pinole, Pittsburg, Port Costa, Rodeo and Vine Hill.
The East Bay Regional Park District Board consists of seven representatives, elected by ward, who are responsible for the policy direction of the Park District. The Ward 7 director position will be up for election in 2018. Board members receive $100 per eligible meeting, up to a maximum of $1,000 per month, and are eligible for benefits.
All applicants include:
- Philip L. Andreini
- Colin Coffey
- AnaMarie Avila Farias
- Ken Gary, Jr.
- Dennis Roy Gradillas
- Susan K. Gustofson
- Nadine A. Haynes
- Roy James Higgins
- Frederick Stuart Kamp
- Clifton Louie
- Satinder Singh Malhi
- Jo Ellen Marcotte
- Lloyd Lee Mason
- Sean McCauley
- Dwight L. Needels
- Dean C. Norgaard
- Timothy W. Platt
- Arthur Solis
- Mariane H. Smith
- Richard P. Treat
Regional parks and trails located in these areas include:
- Antioch/Oakley Regional Shoreline
- Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve
- Brown’s Island
- Contra Loma Regional Park
- Big Break Regional Shoreline
- Marsh Creek Regional Trail
- Portions of Vasco Caves
- Carquinez Strait Regional Shoreline
- Crockett Hills Regional Park
- Radke Martinez Regional Shoreline
- Waterbird Regional Park
- Northwestern portions of Briones Regional Park
- Portions of San Francisco Bay Trail
- Bay Point Regional Shoreline
- Delta DeAnza Regional Trail
For more information on the East Bay Regional Park District, visit them at www.ebparks.org