Home Contra Costa County Concord Man Sentenced In 2019 Hate Crime Case

Concord Man Sentenced In 2019 Hate Crime Case

Press Release

by ECT
District Attorney

Martinez, Calif. – Concord resident Ross Anthony Farca was sentenced today in a hate crime case the Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office successfully prosecuted last year.

On December 1, 2021, Farca was found guilty of four felonies and one misdemeanor hate crime, two counts of criminal threats against investigating officers, possession of an assault weapon, and the unlawful manufacturing of an assault weapon.

Friday, Farca was sentenced to five years, eight months — with one year to be served in Contra Costa County Jail and four years, eight months in state prison.

The case centers on comments Farca made on the video gaming site Steam in 2019. Using the screen name “Adolf Hitler (((6 Million)))” – a number referencing how many Jews were killed during the Holocaust — Farca said he wanted to kill Jews and police officers with a homemade assault rifle while live-streaming his actions. He cited two mass shootings in San Diego and New Zealand as inspiration.

Police were issued a warrant to search Farca’s home where they found an assault weapon, 13 magazines, bullets, and books about Hitler and Nazism. After a jury convicted him, his sentencing was delayed three times due to mental health diversion hearings.

Commenting on Farca’s sentencing, Deputy District Attorney Amber White said, “Today’s sentencing ensures the safety of the residents of Contra Costa County and the greater Jewish community. Hate crimes disrupt the lives of both direct and indirect victims, and this sentence demonstrates that hate never wins.”

 

Case information: THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA vs. FARCA, ROSS ANTHONY

Prior Stories on Farca

You may also like

Leave a Comment