Concord, CA – After almost a decade of leading Contra Costa Water District (CCWD), General Manager Jerry Brown has announced that he will be leaving his position at the end of the year.
When asked about his decision, Brown said, “Contra Costa Water District has amazing leaders and conscientious staff and I am proud of what we have accomplished and am excited about the direction the organization is headed. But I have decided it is time for me to apply my skills in other areas of the water industry and make room for new leadership to take the helm and lead this great organization.”
Brown came onboard with CCWD in December 2001 as the Director of Planning and was promoted to Assistant General Manager of Planning and Operations and Maintenance in 2008. He was appointed General Manager in September 2010.
Brown shared that he is proud to have been part of many notable advancements in our area’s water system. Top among those are:
- Cultivating a strong safety culture within the organization.
- Constructing resilient and climate-adapted facilities involving new multi-million-dollar water diversion and storage capabilities that proved hugely valuable in the most recent drought.
- Securing a flexible insurance policy for CCWD ratepayers in the form of a settlement agreement on the State’s Delta Conveyance Project.
- Tightly managing for future financial flexibility that will allow investments in water infrastructure and water quality without overly burdening customers with high water rates.
- Passing federal legislation to authorize title transfer of the Contra Costa Canal giving CCWD local control over its upcoming investment in modernizing this critical facility.
Brown added, “My leadership focus has heavily emphasized superior service to customers. The team of professionals at CCWD is top notch and I know that customers are in good hands. I am excited to see where our developing regional partnerships take us.”
“Jerry has been a very collaborative leader for CCWD,” said Lisa M. Borba, Board President. “Under his leadership, CCWD has made strides for customers and for employees; he has also bolstered CCWD as a trusted regional partner and reliable resource in state and federal arenas. We warmly thank Jerry for his leadership and for putting CCWD in such a strong position for the future. We are moving forward immediately with an internal recruitment for his replacement.”
For more on the Contra Costa Water District, visit them at: www.ccwater.com