The following is a sampling of the Brentwood Police Calls reported between August 10-16 which focuses on the higher priority call responses in the City of Brentwood.
Brentwood Police Announce Arrest of Second Shooter in 24-Hour Fitness Fatal Shooting
BRENTWOOD, CA – During the course of this homicide investigation, Brentwood investigators positively identified Faatino Tauane (20-year-old Pittsburg resident) as the second shooter in this case. This investigation revealed the victim in this case, Cesar Arana, was an innocent bystander not involved in the initial altercation. Mr. Arana was struck by gunfire while trying to help a person who had fallen to the ground during a physical fight outside. — Full Story
Brentwood Police Chief Tom Hansen Set to Retire
After 35 years in law enforcement, 27 of those years serving the City of Brentwood, Chief Thomas Hansen has announced his plans to retire September 30, 2022. Chief Hansen has served as the Brentwood Police Department’s Police Chief since 2017. — Full Story
Updated: Brentwood Police Arrest 5 in Connection With Downtown Armed Robbery
On Tuesday, August 9th, 2022 around 6:16 p.m., we responded to Windsor Park for an altercation that started at the City Hall parking structure. The victims had been at the parking structure where a group of suspects challenged them to fight, then followed them to Windsor Park in a vehicle and threatened them with a gun. No one was injured during the altercations.
While officers were investigating this incident, another group of victims was assaulted and robbed at gunpoint by the same suspects at the parking structure.
A short while later, a Brentwood officer spotted the suspects’ vehicle and all five suspects were taken into custody without incident. — Full Story
Assault w/Deadly Weapon
- 8/11 – Lone Tree Way: Occurred on Lone Tree Way. SOMEONE SHOT, SOMEONE ON THE FLOOR
Burglary – Auto
- 8/13 – E Country Club: VEH WAS SHUFFLED THRU, POSS ITEMS TAKEN.
- 8/15 – Sand Creek Rd: SIDE WINDOW BROKEN AND LAPTOP TAKEN FROM RP’S WHI F250 TRK.
- 8/15 – Shady Willow: WINDOW SMASH AND CLOTHING TAKEN – VEH DESC/20 WHI HYUN KONA
- 8/16 – Chaparral Dr: SOME1 GOT INTO RP’S TRUCK AND TOOK ITEMS, INCLUDING KEYS FOR HITCH
Burglary – Commercial
- 8/12 – Balfour Rd & Summerset Dr: GENERATOR TAKEN, COPPER TAKEN.
- 8/13 – Amber Lane & Jeffery Way: TRAILER 459’D, MULT ITEMS TAKEN
- 8/16 – Brentwood Blvd: STORAGE UNIT BROKEN INTO AND DAMAGE DONE.
- 8/10 – Sand Creek Rd: 2 SUBJS TOOK 3 BAGS FULL OF PRODUCTS
- 8/14 – Brentwood Blvd: RP CALLING ON BEHALF OF A GUEST WHO HAD HIS ITEMS STOLEN FROM A FRONT DESK LOCKER SOMETIME DURING THE NIGHT. VARIOUS ITEMS WORTH OVER $1000 SUCH AS FISHING EQUIPMENT AND A SOUND MIC
- 8/11 – Rockwell St: UNK SUBJS GOT RP’S EMAIL ADDRESS AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET INTO HIS BANK ACCOUNT AND CHANGE HIS PASSWORDS TO ALL HIS PERSONAL ACCOUNTS
- 8/11 – Windsor Way: RPS SNAPCHAT INFO WAS SHARED AND MALE IS MESSAGING THE RP NOW AND WANTS TO KNOW HIS LOCATION.
- 8/11 – Brentwood Blvd: RP IS A VENDOR AT ABV LOC & HAD WORK BAG ON CART WHILE SERVICING STORE / RP TURNED AROUND & SAW BAG UNZIPPED W/ LAPTOP & IPAD MISSING / RP SAW A HFA W/ SHORT CURLY HAIR WRG WHT TOP, BLK SHORTS, BLK PURSE W/ RP’S LAPTOP & IPAD IN HAND, HAD ANOTHER HFA W/ HER / RP WAS ABLE TO GET ITEMS BACK BUT HER DL & CC ARE MISSING FROM WORK BAG.
- 8/13 – August Dr: 2 ACCTS OPENED UNDER RPS NAME- TOTAL AMT OVER 4K.
- 8/10 – Brentwood Blvd: WMJ 16YO WALKED OUT WITH 12 PACK OF MODELO, LEFT ON FOOT, LEFT OUT OF THE DOOR. NEG WEAPS SEEN. LSW BLU BEANIE BLU SWEATSHIRT DARK PANTS
- 8/12 – Sand Creek Rd – RPS WALLET WAS TAKEN FROM PURSE WHILE SHE TURNED HER BACK TO HER CART TO HELP A FRIEND.
- 8/12 – Sand Creek Rd: WMA TALL THIN LSW TAN OR GRY BUCKET HAT/LIGHT SHIRT/BLUE JEANS & WFA GRY SHIRT/ WHI&BLUE STIPPED SHORTS, TOOK OFF ON FOOT UNK DOT, TAKE OVER $1K.
- 8/12 – Second St: HIS BLUE BICYCLE WAS TAKEN THIS MORNING AROUND 1000HRS WHILE RP WAS BUYING BREAKFAST.
- 8/13 – Redhaven St: SUBJ TOOK PACKAGE OFF RPS PORCH.
- 8/14 – Lone Tree Way: SUBJ JUST STOLE DISH SOAP AND FLED ON FOOT IN UNK DOT.
- 8/16 – Lone Tree Way: TRANSIENT HMA 30S WRG ALL BLK, NEG WEAPS. ASSOC’D TO A RED BIKE. TOOK A FULL CART OF FOOD AND DRINKS.
- 8/16 – Brentwood Blvd: 2 SUBJS CARRYING OUT BAGS OF GROCERY – SUBJ #1 BMA 30-40S WRG BLK JKT OVER WHI TSHIRT, BLK PANTS, NEG WEAPS SEEN. SUBJ #2 BFA 30-40S HAIR PULLED BACK IN PONYTAIL WRG WHI HAT, MASK, BLK JKT, BLK PANTS
- 8/16 – Lone Tree Way: RP WANTS TO RPT A THEFT JUST OCCURRED BUT SHE COULD ONLY ADV THE SUSP WAS “SKETCHY” LOOKING AND HAD A BACKPACK
- 8/16 – Brentwood Blvd: $53 WORTH OF ITEMS STOLEN.
- 8/13 – Officer initiated activity at Lone Tree Way/Tilton Ln, Brentwood. TUR PU POSS CHEVY OR FORD ALMOST COLLIDED W/ME HE TOOK OFF.
Robbery – Armed
- 8/13 – Sand Creek Rd: RP W/ A GROUP OF 4 J’S SAYS THEY WERE ROBBED A GUN POINT AND SHOES AND STUFF TAKEN
- 8/11 – Officer initiated activity at Second St, Brentwood.
- 8/12 – Summerset Dr: BROKEN FENCE AND POSS OTHER DAMAGE.
- 8/13 – Balfour Rd: BACK DOOR IS DAMAGED TO ROOF ACCESS AND ATT TO OPEN FRONT DOOR.
- 8/15 – State Route 4/Jeffery Way: CONSTRUCTION TRK WINDOW WAS BROKEN WHILE PARKED IN MEDIAN OF FREEWAY AT CONSTRUCTION SITE FOR NEW FOOT BRIDGE.
- 8/15 – Lone Tree Way: TRANSIENT BROKE RP’S VEH WINDSHIELD WITH A ROCK 20 AGO. SUBJ WMA 20S SHORT HAIR, WRG RED SHIRT, JEANS. NEG WEAPS SEEN, POSS HS/1051
- 8/16 – Fairview Ave: STATUE DAMAGED.
- 8/15 – Occurred on Shady Willow Ln. BLK 2005 CHEVY TAHOE.
- 8/15 – Occurred on Shady Willow Ln. VEH LAST SEEN A WEEK AGO. RED 2003 PONT GRAND AM W/WHI HUBCAPS TAKEN FROM LOC
- 8/16 – Shady Willow Lane: BLK MOPED STYLE SCOOTER TAKEN SOMETIME BTWN 4AM AND 7 AM.