On this episode, I chat with Jovita Mendoza who is running for Brentwood City Council in District 1. We get into her platform where she urges the city to work on creating jobs, Project Area 1 (PA1), sticking to the general plan. We also talk about transportation, possibility of Costco coming to Brentwood and public safety.
- 01:30 – Jovita gets into why she decided to run for Brentwood City Council.
- 02:30 – What are Jovita’s issues that she is running on and work on if elected. She highlights the need for local jobs, Project Area 1 which is in District 1, sticking to the General Plan,
- 07:00 – We get into Transportation in Brentwood and BART, possible transportation hub.
- 09:48 – Jovita gets into small business and helping local business that are already in operation in the City of Brentwood. She talks about need for better marketing; more entities that need to be brought together.
- 16:31 – We get into East Contra Costa Fire Protection District fire service and emergency response.
- 21:04 – Jovita shares her thoughts on Brentwood Police Department and the national rhetoric.
- 25:38 – We get into oil drilling in Brentwood, Jovita explains what is going on with the drilling on Deer Valley Road where 1,000 feet from Brentwood homes is oil drilling.
- 30:44 – Costco possibly coming to City of Brentwood.
- 33:37 – Jovita gets into the homeless and what can be done.
- 36:40 – with Districts, how would you work with other councilmembers to ensure District 1 is taken care of while also working with the rest of the city needs.
- 39:30 – Where is Jovita on this Youth Center & Technology Center.
- 43:00 – If elected, what are some of Jovita’s first items she wants to work on.
- 44:13 – how do we continue to preserve agriculture in Brentwood? Possibility of more wineries.
- 48:55 – Jovita gets into what people in Brentwood are concerned about.
- 51:30 – Jovita highlights the Bridle Gate Project and how to get involved with it.
- 54:54 – Jovita explains why voters should consider voting for her for city council.
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.