The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of May they had 677 service calls with an average response time of 8:21 minutes.
In the month of April, the District ran 617 calls with a response time of 8:14 minutes. In calendar year 2017, the District has an average response time of 8:02 minutes and in 2016 had a time of 8:03 minutes.
In the month of May, the District responded to 8 residential structure fires, 5 commercial structure fires (this includes the 2 alarm fire on Sand Point in Discovery Bay), 7 vehicle fires, 0 large vehicle fires and 15 vegetation fires – In Branch II of the Grant Incident, there were 10 fires in our jurisdiction (12 total for entire incident).
The District also responded to 34 vehicle accidents, with an additional 17 requiring rescue, 3 vehicle vs. pedestrian accidents, 4 motorcycle accident and 0 bicycle accidents.
They also provided mutual aid to Sacramento County for a vegetation fire May 29th as part of a task force with ConFire. During the Grant Incident the district was able to back-fill two engine companies with off-duty personnel. These back-filled companies were used to cover the district along with an engine from MOTCO.
Due to call volume during the month of May, there were no East Contra Costa Fire units available 35 times, which totaled 16 hours & 45 minutes. During those 16 hours & 45 minutes, there were 7 medical incidents that were handled by CalFire and AMR.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of May:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 37% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 311 times.
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 33% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 284 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 17% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 142 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 4% of the calls for 37 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 9% of the calls for 75 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 1 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 13:49 Minutes
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 11:09 Minutes
- Marsh Creek – 9:18 Minutes
- Knightsen – 9:48 Minutes
- Brentwood – 7:40 minutes
- Oakley – 7:04 Minutes
In the month of May, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 75-times with them sending a total of 139 engines. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 32-times for 36 engines.