According to Yelp, these are the most photographed places in the State of California. 17 of the 50 most photographed landmarks in the United States are located in California.
“Every landmark on this list has at least 700 photos on their Yelp page and the top 10 spots have more than 5,000 photos each. Balboa Park in San Diego tops the list with over 10,000 photos and counting”.
Below are a list of the 17 Golden State landmarks included in order of their place on Yelp’s ranking which were released this past week:
- Balboa Park (San Diego)
- Alcatraz Island (San Francisco)
- Hearst Castle (San Simeon)
- Golden Gate Bridge/Park (San Francisco)
- Anaheim Packing District (Anaheim)
- Palace of Fine Arts (San Francisco)
- Mission San Juan Capistrano (San Juan Capistrano)
- Winchester Mystery House (San Jose)
- Hollywood Walk of Fame (Hollywood)
- Cabrillo National Monument (San Diego)
- Coit Tower (San Francisco)
- Twin Peaks (San Francisco)
- Old Town San Diego Historic Park (San Diego)
- Oakland Bay Bridge (Oakland)
- California State Capitol Museum (Sacramento)
- San Francisco City Hall (San Francisco)
- Mission Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara)
For a full list of all the most photographed landmarks in the US, visit Yelp: Click here
Methodology: This is an all-time list of the Most Photographed Landmarks in the United States and Canada according to Yelp. To come up with this list, we identified businesses in the landmark category on Yelp, then ranked them based on how frequently users submit photos. This list looked at businesses in the United States and Canada. All businesses were marked open on Yelp as of May 11, 2022. When available, all businesses on this list have a passing health score as of May 11, 2022.