Here is a rundown of upcoming Halloween events in East Contra Costa County. Will update this as more events are announced as Halloween approaches.
The Antioch Police Department on October 31 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm is bringing the community a free, safe and fun Halloween event. This year, the event will be a little different as we practice social distancing and adhere to our current county health order. We will be having a Drive-Thru Trick-or-Treat event where you can pick up a bag filled with treats!
- Police Department – 300 L Street
Antioch Community Center – 4703 Lone Tree Way
- To allow for traffic to flow and avoid traffic jams we have designated two separate locations. Please choose only one of the locations where you can pick up a bag filled with treats for each child. Recommended Ages: 6 months – 12 years
- We kindly ask you to please stay in your car, and wear a mask when you approach our staff
Antioch Recreation Department Presents Fall-O-Ween
Join the recreation department between Oct. 29-31 at the Antioch Water Park (4701 Lone Tree Way) as they will have the following:
- A spooky Hay Maze
- Mini Pumpkin Patch
- Fall Harvest Scavenger Hunt
The event times are Thursday and Friday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm and on Saturday from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. $10 per family of up to 6 and pre-registration is required to participate in event activities: click here.
Brentwood Hometown Halloween
The Brentwood Chamber of Commerce has announced that it will hold a county-approved drive through Hometown Halloween event on October 31 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Today, the chamber announced it is open to accept both booth application and sponsorships for the event which will be held in downtown Brentwood. To register for a booth or sponsor or for more information: click here
*Due to the nature of this event and the evolving COVID-19 recommended guidelines, recommendations from the Contra Costa County Health Services may change at any time. Please be advised that last minute changes may occur around CCHS guidelines for the event.
Join the City of Oakley for its Halloween Drive-Thru event at the Oakley Recreation Center parking lot (1250 O’Hara Ave) between 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm—REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Admission is free as the parking lot will be transformed into a colorful Halloween experience. Guests must remain in their cars at all times. For more info, contact Cindy at (925) 625-7044 or email [email protected] To register, visit www.ci.oakley.ca.us
Pittsburg’s annual Halloween Bash will definitely look a bit different this year, but 2020 has been all about change. This year, the City of Pittsburg is partnering with community organizations and businesses to create a safe and fun Halloween atmosphere.
Kiddos should dress up in their Halloween costumes and jump in their freshly decorated car, grab a canned good or two for our food drive, and cruise on down to City Hall to show Halloween spirit. Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to exit your vehicle, but we’ve got some great tricks and maybe some treats all ready for you! The event takes place Saturday, October 31st, from 1pm to 4pm.
Cruise on down to Civic Avenue and follow the ghostly signs to the cruise area.
For more info, call 925-252-4021. Download and view the Flyer here.
Full Event Calendar
- Oct. 29 – Oct. 31: Antioch Fall-O-Ween and Drive Thru Trick or Treat Events!
- Oct 30 – Nov 1: Walnut Creek: Nightmare Before Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Oct. 31 – Antioch Police to Host Halloween Event
- Oct. 31 – Brentwood Hometown Halloween
- Oct. 31 – Concord: Halloween Drive-Through Food Drive & Treat Swap
- Oct. 31 – Laurel Ridge Trunk or Treat 2020
- Oct. 31 – Oakley Halloween Drive-Thru event
- Oct. 31 – Pittsburg’s Annual Halloween Bash
- Oct. 31 – Walnut Creek: Boo Drive Thru & To Go Halloween Pack (for Seniors)
- Nov. 7 – El Campanil: ET The Extra-Terrestrial
- Nov. 14 – El Campanil: The Music Man
- Nov. 21 – El Campanil: The Karate Kid
- Nov. 11-26 – Brentwood Turkey Trot Virtual 5k