1. The FOOD PROGRAM doesn’t require any income guidelines, if you are in need, we take your word for it. Your animals do not have to be fixed prior to coming into our program. They do have to be altered within 3 months of being in our program and receiving food.
2. Once you have filled out an application with us either on line or if you are unable to do so ahead of time, at one of our distributions, you can come to get food. To receive food you will need to come to one of the distribution, you can find on our CALENDAR.
3. Come to the food distribution location and the volunteer will ask to see your ID and information on what pets are in the house. If you need assistance with vaccines and/or spay/neuter, we would love to help.
4. You will need to have proof of spay/neuter for EVERY animal in the household. If you do not have it with you, FFFR will allow 1 month of food so that the following month you can bring the proof of spay/neuter. You can get proof of spay/neuter from your personal records, registration with the county or from your vet. If you don’t have any of that documentation a local vet can examine your pet which fees may apply. IF you need assistance with Spay/Neuter, we will give a 3 month grace period to it done. FFFR will not continue to serve food for pets or families without proof of spay/neuter.
5. We TRY to give enough food to last the animals in the household for a month. This could vary, since all food is donated to FFFR.
6. You may come get food each month. If any information should change, please let us know.
Depending on supplies we may also distribute other pet items such as toys, bedding, leashes, collars, harnesses, clothing, crates, and litter. Some of these items are now monitored and will not be given out in consecutive months.