The first episode of The Unoffendable as we have a roundtable on a variety of topics. We touch on The Joe Biden Mannequin in City of Brentwood, COVID-19 shutdown, Gavin Newsom being Covid-19 Hypocrite No 1, Contra Costa County Shtudowns, State of Florida Draft Law to shoot looters, New Orleans event Naughty in Nawlins, Stock Market possible crash, we talk Los Angeles Sports Championships.
The purpose of this show is to highlight we can all have a difference of opinion, but still go have a beer afterwords.
- 00:30 – Introduction of The Offendable which is hosted by Mike Burkholder, James Pringle and Ken Turnage II.
- 01:42 – Ken Turnage goes into his infamous Facebook post (an opinion) that made worldwide news regarding COVID-19. We also jump into Defund the Police.
- 05:50 – We discuss the City of Brentwood incident with the mannequin hanging from the roof of a Donald Trump supporter of Joe Biden which turned racial. A lot of the protesters were from the City of Antioch. We highlight how Brentwood Police did a great job. We then jump into how news has become a propaganda machine. Turnage ends up blaming everything on Seinfeld.
- 14:04 – With all the US problems with racism, Defund the Police, MeToo… this could all be fixed if elected officials got their act together. We talk about nothing gets done because people do not work themselves out of a job. The US have changed the role of government which is now creating jobs.
- 17:23 – We jump into COVID-19 in Contra Costa County going back to the red tier which shutdown Indoor Dining and other restrictions are coming. Costco is now mandating masks for everyone going in—regardless of a health condition. California, Oregon an Washington hit with a travel advisory for a 14-day quarantine.
- 20:00 – Somehow we get into the State of Florida having a draft proposal making it okay to shoot looters. https://nypost.com/2020/11/11/florida-governor-drafts-laws-that-allow-people-to-shoot-looters/
- 25:46 – Back to California, we talk more about the shutdown.
- 27:33 – We jump into the “Do as I say, not as I do” elected Officials. Burkholder calls Governor Gavin Newsom as “Covid Hypocrite No. 1” Turnage calls Nancy Pelosi as Nov. 1 for her haircut. Turnage argues the shutdown should not be because of eating at restaurants as the cause of COVID-19 spread—he calls for more logic to be applied, not silly rules. Burkholder calls for people to wear a mask, social distance and wash your hands.
- 34:50 – We talk about a California State Superior Court finalized its ruling Friday declaring that Governor Newsom abused his authority by changing state law in violation of the California Constitution during the COVID-19 pandemic. California Assemblymembers James Gallagher (R-Yuba City) and Kevin Kiley (R-Rocklin) brought the lawsuit against Governor Newsom. https://eastcountytoday.net/judge-issues-final-ruling-declares-governor-newsoms-abuse-of-power-unconstitutional/
- 37:35 – Changing gears, we talk about what is going on in New Orleans… a four-day Naughty in Nawlins convention for swingers as other states are locking down. https://www.nola.com/gambit/news/the_latest/article_571caf92-25e7-11eb-9005-673c99486a41.html?fbclid=IwAR2lnvjj_Issi8VGcBkAgjLYdSaAkN5T5yR4m6SMkt_wVKISI62Zk1nESD4
- 43:43 – In contrast, we talk about a recent article about Lifetime doing movies with kissing scenes, they had plexiglass between the actors.
- 49:49 – We jump into the stock market and possible market crash based on a Stock Market Confidence Index where they say 9 in 10 investors believe their will be a Stock Market Crash in the next 6-months. We jump into how COVID-19 will take a few years to get people vaccinated, think like polio and how long that took. https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-outlook-crash-risk-shiller-investor-confidence-high-prices-2020-10-1029721688
- 57:29 – We were not going to end this episode without touching about Los Angeles sports teams winning championships in condensed seasons. We talk about the Dodges and Lakers and if they would win in a full season. We jump into NCAA and the idea of expanding the playoffs.
- 1:07:55 – Closing, we explain how we can all agree to disagree but doesn’t mean we can’t go have a beer or two after.