Redistricting is the once-a-decade process of redrawing the boundaries for Supervisorial districts after the U.S. Census.
The Board of Supervisors held its third Public Hearing for the County’s Redistricting process on October 19, 2021.
The Public Hearing provided:
- An overview of the Redistricting process,
- Reviewed public input provided to date, including Communities of Interest, District Map Proposals, and other comments,
- Provided over/under population summary,
- Presented conceptual draft Supervisorial maps,
- Reviewed the criteria for adopting redistricting maps,
- Received public comment, and
- Received direction from the Board of Supervisors.
The County will be hosting a series of Community Redistricting Workshops between October 23 and October 28 to discuss the redistricting process and solicit public input throughout the County.
- Sunday, October 24, 2021, @ 12:00 NOON Supervisor Diane Burgis (District 3) hosts virtual Community Redistricting Workshop District 3 Workshop Zoom Link
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021, @ 7:00 PM Supervisors Diane Burgis & Federal Glover (Districts 3 and 5) hosts virtual Community Redistricting Workshop East County Workshop Zoom Link
See a schedule of all Community Redistricting Workshops (PDF)
The County’s fourth Redistricting Public Hearing will be held on November 9, 2021, at 9 am. Learn more, including how you can provide input, at www.CoCoRedistricting.org.
Learn more about Redistricting in Contra Costa County at CoCoRedistricting.org