Meals on Wheels Diablo Region is looking for volunteers to assist in delivering food and supplies to seniors in the coming weeks.
They encourage people who are interested in driving to sign up at www.mowdiabloregion.org. They also have other ways to help our homebound seniors, such as purchasing the following needed items:
- Small bottles of hand sanitizer
- Individually packaged sanitizing wipes
- Toilet paper (individually wrapped or 4-packs)
- Plastic bags with handles (clean, unused)
- Strong Command adhesive hooks (for hanging the meal outside our clients’ door)
- Incontinence supplies (adult diapers, etc.)
- Cleaning products
- Personal hygiene products
- Dry pet food/kitty litter
- Clean single use plastic bags
Items can be dropped off at our office during business hours Monday-Friday, 9:00 – 4:00. 1300 Civic Dr. Walnut Creek.
They may soon need volunteers to help run errands for seniors that cannot get out of the house. This may include grocery shopping for them, going to the pharmacy, etc.
They are also asking the community to help them meet the financial strain this unexpected crisis has had on their organization and hope to sign-up 30 monthly donors in 30 days. Monthly donors provide a continual flow of resources that MOW Diablo Region can depend on to help us plan for the growing needs of our vulnerable elderly population.
To offer a one-time donations, click here