MARTINEZ –Last Friday, the City launched the Outdoor Seating and Retail Display Program, which provides downtown business owners (who apply and are approved) the opportunity to use portions of the sidewalks, streets, and parking lots in front of or adjacent to their store fronts during specified days and times for restaurant dining and the display of retail goods.
The Program is designed to help facilitate the physical distancing of patrons to comply with the current County Health Order, and also to draw additional people downtown to support our establishments by shopping and eating locally.
The City is pleased to announce the following details for the second week of this economic recovery initiative, beginning on Friday, June 26th:
Bar Cava, Barrelista, Del Cielo, Five Suns, Mighty Market, Nu Rays, Roxx on Main, and Taco Daddy. Additional businesses may also submit a no-fee Program application for future weekends.
- Friday, June 26th, from 3:00p.m. until 10:00p.m.
- Saturday, June 27th, from 8:00a.m. until 10:00p.m.
- Sunday, June 28th, from 10:00a.m. to 10:00p.m. (on Estudillo Street only)
- Main Street between Castro and Ferry, and between Las Juntas and Court: from 2:00p.m. on Friday, June 26th through 2:00p.m. on Sunday, June 28th (to include the Sunday normal Farmers’ Market, which will close Main Street from Alhambra to Las Juntas on Sunday from 8:00a.m. to 2:00p.m.).
- Estudillo between Marina Vista and Escobar, from 2:00p.m. on Friday, June 26th until 7:00a.m. on Monday, June 29th.
In addition to outdoor seating and retail, the City of Martinez has created 26 downtown curbside pickup spaces in 16 locations. These 20-minute pickup spaces make it easy and convenient for residents and visitors to pick up to-go food and retail goods from our downtown businesses. Click here to view a map with the locations of all temporary downtown curbside pickup zones