SACRAMENTO – Today, a group of lawmakers announced that they will be hosting an informational forum on the barriers, challenges and solutions to preventing catastrophic wildfires. The announcement comes after the only scheduled legislative hearing on wildfires was cancelled. The forum agenda is available online here.
What: Wildfire Informational Foru
‘Wildfires & Climate: Finding a Better Path Forward’
Where: State Capitol, South Steps
Date: Tuesday, August 31st
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Assembly Republican Leader Marie Waldron
- Assemblymember Frank Bigelow
- Assemblymember Megan Dahle
- Assemblymember James Gallagher
- Assemblymember Kelly Seyarto
- Senator Andreas Borgeas
- Senator Jim Nielsen
- *Partial List
- John Andersen, Director of Forest Policy, Humboldt and Mendocino Redwood Companies
- Jim Houtman, Project Manager, Butte County Fire Safe Council
- Danielle Lindler, Owner, Jefferson Resource Company, Inc
- Robert Longatti, President, Citizens for Sensible Forest Management
- Dan Reese, Ret. Chief of Tactical Air Operations for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. President, Global SuperTanker Services, LLC.
- Chris Wagoner, Project Manager, Resource Conservation District of Tehama County
- Jess Wills, President, Firestorm Wildland Fire Suppression Inc.
All Members of the Assembly Natural Resources Committee and Assembly Budget
Sub 3 Committee have been invited to participate.
The forum will be live streamed at https://www.facebook.com/AssemblymanJamesGallagher