Here is a look at July 4 events across Contra Costa County which includes parades, gatherings and of course fireworks.
- 8:30 am – pancake breakfast (suggested donation of $5)
- 11:00 am – Parade through downtown
- 4:00 pm – Fireworks and live entertainment will be down at the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds starting at 4pm. There will be live music, car shows, kid’s zones, craft and food vendors and basically an all around good time! Then the evening will come to a climax with an amazing fireworks show put on by the Celebrate Antioch Foundation and the City of Antioch.
According to Celebrate Antioch, there is still time to get your entries in for the parade with entry forms available on their website. They are also seeking $4 donations from the community as part of their fundraiser. For more information: www.celebrateantioch.org
The City of Brentwood is once again hosting the Brentwood Classic 4th of July Parade and Celebration on Wednesday, July 4th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in downtown Brentwood. This event will feature a parade, food, games, entertainment, and a children’s parade. For more information, here is the event flyer.
Join the City of Clayton for the annual 4th of July celebration. This year’s theme is “Celebrating Our Community Volunteers”. Kicking off the event is the Pancake Breakfast at 7:00am, followed by the Kids/Grand Parade at 10:00am.
The free Parade takes place on Main Street in historic downtown Clayton. The Pancake Breakfast, sponsored by the Rotary Club – Clayton Valley Concord Sunrise, is located next to Endeavor Hall. Cost of the breakfast is $7 for adults and $5 for kids 12 and under.
There is a full day of fun this year in Concord for the 2018 4th of July Celebration and 150th Anniversary. Only a few days away, can’t wait to see everyone!
- Todos Santos Plaza
- 7:30 am – Rotary Club of Concord Diablo Pancake Breakfast ($5 per person)
- 8:00 am – 5k & kids Fun run
- 10:00 am – Parade celebrating Concords History and heritage
- 12:00 pm – Don Salvio Pancheco Statue Unveiling honor Concords founding father
- Mt. Diablo High School
- 4:00 pm Festival: All American fun, explore the kids carnival, food booths, exhibits, and more.
- 9:00 pm Fireworks
Kick off Independence Day at Danville’s 4th of July Parade. This festive, hometown event attracts over 40,000 attendees each year including local residents, family, friends, and flag-wavers from the Bay Area and beyond. Park yourself curbside and cheer on the bands, gymnasts, Scouts, and other community organizations as they proudly march by. Horses and other animals will pace the route, while antique cars inch along for your enjoyment. For more information: http://www.srvkiwanis.org/parade/
4th of July Bike Parade! Start: 10:00 AM. Awards: 11:00 AM. *Picnic area available until Noon (BYOP). Parade Route: Start: DB Community Center, 1601 DB Blvd.; Right: DB Blvd; Right: Riverlake Rd; Right: Willow Lake Road; Right: DB Blvd; End: DB Community Center. Prizes for Best Decorated Bike, Best Family/Group, Crowd Fave. For more information and registration, click here.
Fireworks will light up the night at Radke Martinez Shoreline Park, Wednesday, July 4. Join the crowd at the Waterfront or head over to your special viewing spot before 9:15 p.m. Pyrotechnics begin around 9:30 p.m. and will last approximately twenty-five minutes. Waterfront Park will be closed to cars at 6 p.m.
Join the town of Moraga for a variety of events that begin at 7:30 am with a pancake breakfast, a 9:00 am dog parade along with community booths until 1:00 pm. They also have a 10:30 am children’s bike parade, a magic show at 12:30 pm with jumpy’s from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and food and wine from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
They will also have music between 6:45 pm to 9:45 pm with fireworks starting at 9:30 pm. This event is held at Moraga Commons Park. For more info: http://www.moraga.ca.us/dept/park-rec/july4
Here is a brief schedule of events. Click here to download this year’s schedule.
- 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. The Lamorinda Sunrise Rotary Pancake Breakfast In the park/Community Center, 28 Orinda Way
- 7:55 a.m. Flag-raising Ceremony at Flagpole in front of Community Center
- 8:00 a.m. Haley’s Run for a Reason participants meet in front of the Community Center
- 8:45 a.m. Parade participants arrive for assembly at BART parking lot on the East Side of Camino Pablo
- 9:00 a.m. Friends of the Orinda Library Book Sale In Library Breezeway, 26 Orinda Way
- 10:00 a.m. Parade Begins, in front of WELLS FARGO BANK, 80 Moraga Way
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Community Park Activities Occur, 28 Orinda Way
The City of Pittsburg will once again host the Independence Day Fireworks Celebration on July 4, 2018 at the Pittsburg Marina. Fireworks will begin at Dusk (approximately 9:15pm). For questions please call 925-252-4842. For more info, click here.
The City of Pleasant Hill will host a variety of activities including the Firecracker 5K run by the Clock Tower on Crescent Drive. Registration begins at 6:30 am with a kids 100 yard dash at 7:50 am.
- At 8:00 am, the Firecracker 5K Fun run begins. It starts by the corner of Gregory Lane and Trelany Road, in front of City Hall. See Route Map and Registration information at http://phjuly4.com/5k-run-route/). The net proceeds of the run are donated to the Pleasant Hill school of the runner’s choice.
- 9:30 am – Parade begins (SEE PARADE ROUTE MAP at http://phjuly4.com/parade-route/)
- 10:30 am – 1:30 pm Party in the Park at Pleasant Hill Park
- 6:30 pm – Gates open at College Park High School The site of the Fireworks show will again be College Park High School.
- 7:15 pm -This year local band The Ripplers will be playing prior to the start of the fireworks show.
- 9:20 pm PyroSpectacular fireworks show begins!
Join the City of San Pablo for live entertainment, games, activities, food, family fun and Fireworks on Wednesday, July 4th from 5pm until 9:30pm at El Portal Soccer Field (2600 Moraga Rd.). For more information and entertainment lineup, click here.
Kick-off your 4th of July morning with a healthy start by running or walking in the annual Run San Ramon. This always-popular Independence Day classic offers a race or walk for all participants, with a 5K Run/Walk and a 10K Run. Proceeds from Run San Ramon will benefit the City of San Ramon’s community programs.
Check-in and race day registration will be open at 6:45 a.m., at the San Ramon Central Park Community Center, 12501 Alcosta Blvd. (East side of 680), in San Ramon—same location of the races’ start and finish lines. Both the 10K Run and 5K Run/Walk will start at 8:00 a.m.
For more Run San Ramon information and/or an application, contact the San Ramon Parks & Community Services at (925) 973-3200.
Kick off your 4th of July evening with the Walnut Creek Concert Band! The Band will play a “Civic Celebration” concert beginning at 6:00 p.m. Enjoy old favorites and share in the festivities at Civic Park (1375 Civic Dr) on Wednesday
Other Information & Fireworks
60th Annual Delta Fireworks (Stockton)
Another amazing year of Delta fireworks brought to you by Baron Hilton! This is one of the Delta’s biggest events and one of the largest gatherings of personal watercraft in Northern California! Gather up your friends and family and come on over by car or boat for this exceptional (and FREE!) Delta fireworks show. The event begins at 6:00 pm located at Mandeville Tip County Park in Stockton
Join the City of Livermore and Livermore Downtown Inc. for the Annual Downtown 4th of July Red, White and Boom Fireworks Celebration!
The Fireworks will be launched off the Parking Garage on Railroad Avenue. Parking Garage and Streets close at 4:00 PM. Walk-in viewing is free. The fireworks will be launched at approximately 9:20 PM. This event is designed to allow our residents to enjoy their family and friend traditions throughout the day and then gather together, as a community, that evening for the Livermore Fireworks Celebration. To keep it safe and family friendly… No Alcohol Consumption, BBQs, Fire pits or fireworks allowed.
Road closures are as follows: First St. Maple St. to L St., Railroad Ave. Maple St. to L St., Maple St. from First St. to Third St. & Livermore Ave. from Chestnut St. to Second St.
For more information visit www.livermoredowntown.com
A long standing tradition in Tracy has been the annual 4th of July Day in the Park family celebration presented by the Chamber. The day begins with a hot air balloon lift off at dawn and pancake breakfast in Lincoln Park. The Downtown Parade begins at 10:00 a.m. at 6th & Central. Music and opening festivities begin at 8:00a.m. with something for everyone: children’s activities, arts and crafts, commercial and food vendors and entertainment buy isotretinoin tablets fill the day. In the evening the festivities move to the Peter B. Kyne football field (Tracy High across the street from the park) for more entertainment courtesy of Tracy’s favorite clowns: Miss Sparkles & Ravioli and a spectacular fireworks display after dusk. The cost of admission for the Tracy High Stadium is $4 for Adults and $2 for Children ages 2-12. 4th of July Fireworks tickets can be purchased through the Chamber office by calling 209-835-2131 or the day of the event.
Updated post: Originally posted July 2