You are invited to join the 2015 Brentwood Harvest Time Festival in downtown Brentwood this weekend to celebrate the farmlands harvest. The event is being held in Downtown City Park & Community Center focusing on food, family and fun following Pacific Coast Farmers Market.
Festival details are:
- Free admission
- Saturday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm / Sunday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Free parking in City garage
- Partnering with Brentwood Grown / Buy Fresh Buy Local campaigns
- Ribbon Cutting: Local dignitaries, color guard presentation, singing of the National Anthem, blessing from Councilmember Joel Bryant, Police Chaplain, raising of the festival flags and parade of the “Little Veggies” costume contestants
- Two days of live entertainment on Main Stage
- Wine Tasting by local vintners – Contra Costa Wine Growers
- Brewers Beer Garden – 2 domestic / 4 micro-brew
- Thirst Quenching Stand – non-alcoholic beverages
- Local food, art & craft and business vendors
- Cooking demonstrations in Community Center
- Agricultural related booths & demonstrations in Community Center
- “Friends of the Harvest” App Alley – Brentwood area business vendors
- Little Veggie’s Children’s Area
- Miniature John Deere Tractor Races
- Harvest Time in Brentwood Farmer’s Market
- Display of antique and new farm tractors & equipment
- Brentwood Sweet Corn Booth
- John Deere Tractor Races
- Harvest King & Queen Essay Contest
- Little Veggies Costume Contest & Parade
- Corn Shucking & Eating Contests
Long Duck Dongs Taking Brentwood Back to the 80’s!
Brentwood Idol winner Jewels Rios to sing National Anthem
Brentwood – Just like Marty McFly, local 80’s tribute band The Long Duck Dongs will be taking you back in time tomorrow, kicking off the 2nd annual Brentwood Harvest Time Festival on Saturday, July 11.
Featuring songs from Duran Duran, Tears for Fears, The Go Go’s and many more, this local Brentwood party band is sure to have you on your feet with all for your favorite radio hits from the radical 1980’s! The totally awesome party starts at 11am in Brentwood’s Downtown Park under the band pavilion next to City Hall.
Band, clockwise – Bill Sheridan (guitar), Brandon Loose (bass, vocals), John Zink (vocals, percussion), Ed Bauman (keyboards, ham), Mel Chappell (vocals, percussion) and Tim Rios (drums, vocals).
For booking info, visit www.thelongduckdongs.com .