SACRAMENTO – Today, Assemblyman James Gallagher (R-Yuba City), released the following statement in response to Governor Newsom’s 2021 May Revision:
“The Governor is right that this is a transformational time in our history. But the question is: What is California transforming into?
Newsom in transforming us into a communistic dystopia where government is big, all-encompassing and mostly contributing to the problems we face. Blackouts and catastrophic wildfires have become the norm. Homelessness has skyrocketed. Affordability and access to housing, education, and overall quality of life are getting exponentially worse.
We need transformational policies that:
- Allows people to work more freely and flexibly (Repeal AB 5).
- Addresses climate change and our environment without putting people out of work and pricing us out of California.
- Brings greater understanding and reconciliation on issues of race instead of further dividing us with reparations and critical race theory.
- Allows innovation, not stagnation, in our education system so that all kids receive the best education possible.
- Puts Government to work for us, instead of the other way around.”
Assemblyman James Gallagher represents the 3rd Assembly District, which encompasses all of Glenn, Sutter, Tehama and Yuba counties as well as portions of Butte and Colusa counties.