There are several great places to celebrate the 4th of July with family and friends today in Contra Costa County with fireworks this evening. Below are several locations with festivities beginning as early as 9:00 am
All fireworks are illegal in Contra Costa County, so you should go see a professional show instead!!!!!
Streets of Brentwood 4th of July Parade
The Streets of Brentwood will be hosting a 4th of July Kids Parade on July 4 beginning at 9:00 am and will end around 11:00 am. The event will feature:
- Parade of beautifully decorated strollers and wagons
- Contest in multiple categories for the decorated strollers and wagons
- Face Painting
- Balloon Twisting
- …and much more!
City of Antioch: Annual 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Join the Celebrate Antioch Foundation for a family-friendly fun event at the Antioch 4th of July (Independence Day) Celebration.
- Parade starts at 11 a.m. at 2nd and E Street in Rivertown (Downtown Antioch).
- Afterwards: come over to the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds at 10th and L Street for a FULL DAY of festivities. FREE all day admission. Enjoy a classic car show, live music featuring Bay Area’s own Ricardo Scales and many more, old-fashioned kids’ games, carnival rides, jumpees, demos, arts and crafts, food, beer and wine booths.
- Fireworks at 9:15 p.m. No food or ice chests allowed in the Fairgrounds.
- Note – Parking at the Fairgrounds is $5.00. For more information, visit their website
City of Pittsburg
Location: River Park 400′ out on Breakwater, Pittsburg, CA
Time: 9:30 PM
As our nation’s 238th birthday approaches, we are planning picnics in the park, camping, family barbecues, and of course the City’s fireworks displays at the Marina. Please remember that fire conditions are extreme this time of year in Pittsburg. More fires occur on this holiday than any other single day of the year. We would like to remind everyone to celebrate the 4th of July safely.
All Fireworks, even those designated as “Safe and Sane” are prohibited in the City of Pittsburg. The sale, use or discharge of any fireworks is a violation State Law. You can be cited or arrested, fined, and your fireworks will be seized.
Concord 4th of July & Celebration
Location: Mt. Diablo High School, 2450 Grant Street, Concord, CA
Time: 9:30 PM
- 10:00 am – Parade: Starts at Mt. Diablo High School on Grant Street and it will go south to Willow Pass Road and turn right to wrap around Todos Santos Park. The parade will then turn right onto Mt. Diablo Street and return to the rear of Mt. Diablo High School at Galindo Street.
- 4:00 pm: Festival which will include a kids carnival, food booths, vendor exhibits, and live entertainment on stage located at Mt. Diablo High School located at2450 Grant St. Concord, CA 94520
- 9:00 pm: Fireworks
For more information, visit: www.concordjuly4th.com
City of Martinez
Location: Martinez Waterfront 5 N Court Street, Martinez, CA
Time: 9:30 PM
Fireworks will light up the night at Martinez Shoreline Park, Friday, July 4th. Join the crowd at the Waterfront or head over to your special viewing spot before 9:15 p.m. Pyrotechnics begin around 9:30 p.m. and will last approximately twenty-five minutes. Waterfront Park will be closed to cars at 6 p.m. Limited Handicapped Parking is available, so arrive earlier in the day.
Remember, personal fireworks are illegal in Contra Costa County and DANGEROUS
Pleasant Hill 4th of July Commission
Location: College Park High School, 201 Viking Drive, Pleasant Hill, CA
Time: 9:30 PM
Pleasant Hill has a variety of events throughout the day which include:
- 8:00 am – Firecracker 5k Fun Run
- 9:30 am – The Parade
- 10:30 am – Fun at the Park – Games, food, live musical entertainment, races, contests, educational displays, and many events to keep kids and grown-ups entertained for hours.
- 9:00 pm – Fireworks
For more information, visit their website: http://www.phjuly4.com/days-events/
City of San Pablo
Location: Contra Costa College, 2600 Mission Bell, San Pablo, CA
Time: 9:30 PM
Come out and celebrate with your family and the City of San Pablo! There will be activities, food, games, live entertainment and fireworks. The festivities begin at 4pm at 2600 Moraga Road, admission is free!
City of Oakley
Location: Freedom High School, 1050 Neroly, Oakley, CA
Time 9:30 PM
The City of Oakley will host the 15th Annual Cityhood Celebration on Saturday, July 5th. This event commemorates the anniversary of Oakley incorporating as a City in 1999.
This family‐friendly event will take place at the Freedom High School soccer field, 1050 Neroly Road. The celebration begins at 6:00 p.m. with free admission for all and a $5 wristband available for unlimited children’s/teen activities. (Children ages 5 and under can request a free wristband). The Freedom High School athletic booster club will charge $5 per vehicle in the student parking lot with all proceeds benefitting Freedom’s athletic programs. Free parking is available in adjacent parking lots.
There will be music throughout the evening and a wide variety of local vendors with interesting and unique items for sale. A large selection of food will be available as well, including barbeque tri‐tip and pork, pizza, hot dogs, hot links, ice cream, shaved ice and more. The children’s area ($5 for wrist bands) will include a rock climbing wall, giant obstacle courses, slides, basketball and football games, bounce houses and the popular “mechanical shark.” There will be face painting and Ravioli the Clown will be on hand to provide entertainment too.
Guests are welcome to bring blankets, lawns chairs and picnic dinners. No alcohol is permitted.
The event will end with a spectacular fireworks extravaganza, with the firework show starting at approximately 9:30 p.m.