A commercial fire Thursday night caused an estimated $15,000 worth of damage on Sand Creek Road near Brentwood Boulevard. The fire began at 11:23 pm and as crews arrived, flames were showing inside the building (a two-story, 7-unit strip mall). Crews called for a second alarm was requested, but was cancelled upon crews arriving on scene.
There was also significant water damage from both the commercial sprinklers going off and crews working to save the structure. The cause appears to be a commercial refrigerator. No one was hurt or injured in the blaze.
This information and photo was provided by Chief Hugh Henderson and Battalion Chief Brian Helmick.