The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of May they had 632 service calls with an average response time of 8:16 minutes.
In the month of April, the District ran 675 calls with a response time of 8:22 minutes. In calendar year 2018, the District has an average response time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719 calls and in 2017 had a time of 8:02 minutes for 7,530.
In May, the District responded to 6 residential structure fires, 4 commercial structure fire, 5 vehicle fires, 1 large vehicle fire, 4 vegetation fires and 7 exterior fires. The District also responded to 28 vehicle crashes with an additional 7 requiring rescue. They also had 3 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 2 motorcycle crashes, and no bicycle accidents.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of January:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 38% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 304 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 37% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 292 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 16% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 131 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 2% of the calls for 17 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 7% of the calls for 56 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 14:56 Minutes (28 calls)
- Knightsen – 9:43 Minutes (29 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:40 Minutes (82 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 10:31 Minutes (17 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:30 minutes (307 calls)
- Oakley – 6:57 Minutes (169 calls)
In the month of May, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 56-times with them sending a total of 69 engines. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 39-times for 42 engines.