The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of July they had 620 service calls with an average response time of 7:56 minutes.
In the month of June, the District ran 686 calls with a response time of 8:21 minutes. In calendar year 2018, the District has an average response time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719 calls and in 2017 had a time of 8:02 minutes for 7,530.
In July, the District responded to 10 residential structure fires, 4 commercial structure fire, 8 vehicle fires, 12 vegetation fires and 13 exterior fires. The District also responded to 26 vehicle crashes with an additional 7 requiring rescue. They also had 1 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 0 motorcycle crashes, and 0 bicycle accidents.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of June:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 33% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 264 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 41% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 330 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 17% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 137 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 3% of the calls for 23 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 6% of the calls for 51 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 13:59 Minutes (25 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:17 Minutes (86 calls)
- Knightsen – 8:30 Minutes (38 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 9:45 Minutes (14 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:23 minutes (260 calls)
- Oakley – 6:49 Minutes (197 calls)
In the month of July, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 51-times with them sending a total of 86 engines with 37 arriving on scene. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 50-times for 67 engines where 21 arrived on scene.