The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District will report this week at their monthly meeting that in the month of January, they had 693 service calls with an average response time of 8:13 minutes.
In the month of December, the District ran 644 calls with a response time of 8:23minutes. In calendar year 2019, the District has an average response time of 8:19 minutes for 7,679 calls and in 2018 had a time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719.
During the month of January, the District responded to 6 residential structure fires, 3 commercial structure fire, 6 vehicle fires, 0 large vehicle fire, 1 vegetation fire and 8 exterior fires. The District also responded to 33 vehicle crashes with an additional 10 requiring rescue. They also had 5 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 1 motorcycle crashes, and 3 bicycle accident.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls for Service by Station in the month of January:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 35% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 289 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 41% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 333 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 16% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 130 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 2% of the calls for 18 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 6% of the calls for 46 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 13:39 Minutes (32 calls)
- Knightsen – 9:25 Minutes (42 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:50 Minutes (68 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 9:16 Minutes (14 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:35 minutes (328 calls)
- Oakley – 7:07 Minutes (209 calls)
In the month of January, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 46 times with them sending a total of 65 engines with 24 arriving on scene. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 17-times for 19 engines which 9 arrived on scene.
The District is currently staffed at 42 and authorized for 46.
Full Report: Click here