The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of October they had 680 service calls with an average response time of 8:17 minutes.
Within September, the District ran 591 calls with a response time of7:52 minutes. In calendar year 2016, the District has an average response time of 8:03 minutes.
During the month of October, the District responded to 11 structure fires, 35 vehicle crashes, and 6 vehicle accidents with rescue. They also had 5 vehicle fires, and 15 vegetation fires. The District was also able to participate in its first Mutual Aid Strike Team in over 10-years to the North Bay Fires for a period of 7 days.
Due to call volume, the District had zero engines available 11-times which totaled 5-hours and 52-minutes.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of October:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 35% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 285 times.
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 37% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 300 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 18% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 151 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 1% of the calls for 11 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 9% of the calls for 74 rollouts
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 14:08 Minutes
- Discovery Bay – 10:50 Minutes
- Marsh Creek – 10:47 Minutes
- Knightsen – 9:58 Minutes
- Brentwood – 7:22 minutes
- Oakley – 7:07 Minutes
In the month of October, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 74-times with them sending a total of 117 engines. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 32-times for 51 engines.
For the full report and the November 6 Agenda, click here.