MARTINEZ, CA – The Contra Costa Community College District (District) is accepting applications to serve as an appointed member for Ward IV of the Governing Board until the next regularly scheduled election for Governing Board members in 2018.
Applicants must be registered voters and residents of Ward IV, which includes Blackhawk, Byron, Danville, Diablo, Discovery Bay, San Ramon, and parts of Alamo, Antioch, Brentwood, Clayton, and Concord.
The Governing Board gave approval at its October 18, 2016, special meeting, to fill this position by provisional appointment instead of the more costly option of an election. Applications are being sought from candidates who have the ability and time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a member of the Board, which includes:
- full participation in the work of the Board by attending all Board meetings and key college and District events, studying and discussing policy issues, and participating in trustee education programs;
- knowledge of the communities served by the colleges and willingness to act on behalf of and for the benefit of those communities;
- commitment to community colleges and their missions; understanding of educational, social, and economic policy issues;
- balancing the needs of many diverse groups; being able to build consensus; and
- contribution to effective Board functioning and supporting the authority of the Board as a whole.
Those interested in applying shall complete and submit a cover letter, application form, resume, and no more than three letters of reference by 4:30 p.m., November 15, 2016, to the Human Resources Department, c/o Mr. Eugene Huff, Contra Costa Community College District, 500 Court Street, Martinez, CA, 94553. All forms are located on the District website at www.4cd.edu, or can be picked up at the District Office.
A special Governing Board meeting will be held on November 29, 2016, to review all applications and determine persons to be interviewed. Another special Governing Board meeting will be held on December 1, 2016, to interview three finalists. If a third special meeting is needed, it will be held on December 5, 2016.
The goal will be to administer the oath of office for the new member at the regular Governing Board meeting on Wednesday, December 14, 2016, at 6:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact the Communications and Community Relations department at (925) 229-6823.
The Contra Costa Community College District (CCCCD) is one of the largest multi- college community college districts in California. The CCCCD serves a population of 1,019,640 people, and its boundaries encompass all but 48 of the 734-square-mile land area of Contra Costa County. The District is home to Contra Costa College in San Pablo, Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill, Los Medanos College in Pittsburg, as well as educational centers in Brentwood and San Ramon. The District headquarters is located in downtown Martinez. For more information visit www.4cd.edu .