Home Brentwood Brentwood: Three Displaced After Sunday Morning Kitchen Fire

Brentwood: Three Displaced After Sunday Morning Kitchen Fire

by ECT

At approximently 9:30 am Sunday, the East Contra Costa Fire Protection District responded to a report of a kitchen fire in the 50 block of Cloverleaf Circle in the City of Brentwood.

Upon arrival, Engine 52 reported smoke showing from the home where they located a kitchen fire that had extended to the hood above the oven. That fire then extended into the attic.

By 10:05 am, the fire was out and Red Cross was contacted for 3 people in the home.

According to fire marshal, the owner of the home sustained second degree burns on his foot while trying to attempt to put out the fire while cooking chicken nuggets. The damages were estimated at $80k.

The cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

You may also like

1 comment

Street-Sweeper May 30, 2021 - 1:22 pm

This stupidity is alarming.

Reply

Leave a Comment