Applications are now being accepted for the 2019 Military/Veteran Banner Program in the city of Brentwood. Applications are due no later than March 15, 2019.
The City of Brentwood Military/Veteran Banner Program has been established to honor and recognize active duty military personnel or military veterans that reside in, or have immediate family living in the City of Brentwood.
Military/Veteran Banners will display the official military photo of the service member or veteran, as well as their name, rank, and branch of the United States Armed Forces.
To qualify for the Military/Veteran Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
- the honoree is an active duty member or military veteran (Honorably Discharged) of the United States Armed Forces
- the honoree must be a current resident of Brentwood or have an immediate family member reside in the city of Brentwood
- must complete and qualify per application
Banners will be designed and raised in the order that applications are received and approved, and upon space availability. Applications must include:
- verification of military status (see note below)
- proof of residency (copy of current water bill and copy of current PG&E bill)
- an official military photo of the honoree (photo must be high resolution – 150 dpi at 100% and must be sent electronically; no hardcopy photos will be accepted)
To verify active military status, please visit the Department of Defense website and submit a copy of the verification page with your application. If a military veteran, please include a copy of the Veteran’s DD214. If you are unable to locate the DD214, you may apply for a copy by visiting the National Archives website.
Military/Veteran Banners will be installed and exhibited at Veterans Park between Memorial Day and Veterans Day (May – November). At the end of the exhibition period, banners will be presented to the honoree (or applicant) at a future City Council meeting or other scheduled special event.
1 – 24” x 48” picture banner, (made of high quality, UV protected material), one streamer and installation – $75 per banner. (Mounting and display hardware will be provided at no additional cost).
Find application and additional information below, or contact Peggy Berglund at 925-516-5187, or by email at [email protected].
Applications for the 2019 Military/Veteran Banner Program are due no later than March 15, 2019.