State Superintendent of Public Instruction, Five Bay Area County Superintendents, and Contra Costa School Board Members, Principals, Teachers, and education leaders all endorse Lynn Mackey for County Superintendent of Schools
Concord, CA – Shortly after her campaign kick off, Lynn Mackey picks up steam in her campaign for Contra Costa County Superintendent. Senior Director of Educational Services for the Contra Costa County Office of Education, Lynn Mackey, announced that she has earned the endorsements of over twenty Bay Area education leaders – including State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson.
Torlakson joins over twenty Bay Area education leaders in supporting Lynn Mackey for County Superintendent of Schools.
“I urge Contra Costa voters to join me in supporting Lynn Mackey for County Superintendent of Schools. California has begun implementing many different education reforms: from the Local Control Funding Formula to expanding career technical education programs. We need a leader who is has up-to-date knowledge of these education changes, someone who can step into the office and lead from day one. Lynn is exceptionally qualified for the job and I am proud to strongly support Lynn Mackey for Contra Costa County Superintendent.”
Beyond Torlakson’s announcement today, Mackey has rolled out the following endorsements from education leaders:
- Karen Sakata, Contra Costa County Superintendent of Schools
- Karen Monroe, Alameda County Superintendent of Schools
- Barbara Nemko, Napa County Superintendent of Schools
- James Mousalimas, San Joaquin County Superintendents of Schools
- Lisette Estrella Henderson, Solano County Superintendent of Schools
- Vikki Chavez, Contra Costa County Board of Education Member
- Christine Deane, Contra Costa County Board of Education Member
- Mike Maxwell, Contra Costa County Board of Education Member
- Craig Cheslog, Acalanes Union High School District Board Member
- Diane Gibson-Gray, Antioch Unified School District Board Member
- Walter Ruehlig, Antioch Unified School District Board Member
- Yolanda Pena-Mendrek, Liberty Union School District Board Member
- Brian Lawrence, Mt. Diablo Unified School District Board Member
- Dr. Laura Canciamilla, Pittsburg Union High School District Board Member
- De’shawn Woolridge, Pittsburg Union High School District Board Member
- Rachel Hurd, San Ramon Valley Unified School District Board Member
- Robert Kessier, Ret. Superintendent of San Ramon Unified School District
- Joe Chapot, Retired educator
- Pam Comfort, Deputy Superintendent Contra Costa County Office of Education*
- Rebecca Corrigan, Retired Principal
- Charlotte Ford, Educator
- Bob Giannini, Association of California School Administrators for Alameda and Contra Costa*
- Jerome Pandell, Chair, San Ramon Valley Unified School District Facilities Oversight & Advisory Committee*
- Carlee Smith, Teacher, Mt. Diablo Unified School District *
- Rona Zollinger, Teacher, Martinez Unified School District *
A lifelong resident of Contra Costa County and educator/administrator, Lynn has worked closely with the Contra Costa County Superintendent of Schools for 21 years.
As part of her announcement to run for the office of County Superintendent of Schools, Mackey outlined her areas of focus for when she assumes the role:
- Preparing students for college, career and life, starting with early childhood education.
- Providing students with safe and supportive classrooms and schools.
- Promoting social emotional learning and civil discourse.
- Recruiting and retaining the best teachers and providing them with the highest quality training to support them in their professional growth.
- Supporting the fiscal health of our 18 school districts.
- Empowering parents and students to a voice in their educational programs.
The Contra Costa County Superintendent of Schools administers all County Office of Education programs and facilitates cooperation among schools, colleges, universities, government and community organizations. She is responsible for monitoring and approving all school district budgets. In addition, she serves as an advocate for education with the legislature and the public.
For more information about Lynn Mackey, visit her website at Lynnmackey.org or email her directly at [email protected].
If Tommy T endorses her I won’t vote for her.
Pittsburg is a Unified School District, serving students from Pre K to adult.
Comments are closed.