The following are a sampling of calls handled by the Brentwood Police Department between April 14 through April 21 according to information provided by Brentwood Police Department. The weeks calls include 8 total robberies and 6 residential burglaries.
- 4/17 – Assault: RES threw a full 12oz soda can at VIC causing injury to his face and broke his glasses. Approximately $800 to replace glasses.
- 4/18 – Brentwood Blvd: VIC’s vehicle was stolen overnight. Vehicle entered into SVS as stolen.
- 4/21 – Birch St.: Vehicle stolen during the night.
Burglary – Business
- 4/14 – Lone Tree Way: Responsible cut lock off recycle container and took aluminum cans
- 4/15 – Lone Tree Way: ARR-1 and ARR-2 entered the business and stole multiple items. ARR-3 was found to be in possession of CNS stimulant. ARR-1, ARR-2, ARR-3 to MDF.
- 4/16 – Lone Tree Way: ARR was detained by loss prevention for theft. ARR resisted and struck an officer during the detention. ARR to MDF.
- 4/16 – Brentwood Bl: RES entered VIC’s locked storage yard and stole 15 wheels. RP chased RES and recovered wheels. Value of stolen recovered property: $375
- 4/21 – Second St.: ARR on-viewed stealing a television and coffee maker from a classroom. ARR admitted to entering classroom through an unsecured window. ARR to MDF.
- 4/22 – Lone Tree Way: RES stole approximately $2500 worth of tools and equipment.
Burglary – Residential
- 4/14 – Cavendish Ct.: Victim’s vehicle was burglarized on 4/7/2014, unreported, and had a window shattered on 4/14/2014. Loss included medication and jewelry.
- 4/14 – Chestnut St: Responsible took bicycle from open garage of victim.
- 4/15 – Lakeview Dr.: RES forced entry into VIC’s residence via side window.
- 4/17 – Orchards Dr.: Five notebooks stolen from victim’s residence.
- 4/20 – Bluesage Ct.: RES stole VIC’s credit card and successfully used it at three Brentwood vendors before the card was cancelled.
- 4/21 – Buckeye Pl: RES took the garage remote from VIC’s unlocked parked vehicle. RES then entered VIC’s garage and shop and removed property. Incident occurred between 0330-0530 hours.
Burglary – Theft from Auto
- 4/17 – Caraway Ct.: Vehicle broken into while parked in driveway of residence. Occurred between 1900 hours and 0940 hours.
- 4/17 – Sand Creek Rd: VICS passenger side window smashed and purse stolen from vehicle.
- 4/18 – Lone Tree way: VIC’s vehicles driver window and rear window were smashed. VIC’s laptop bag was stolen. Occ’d 2120-2135.
- 4/22 – San Jose Ave: RES smashed passenger window to VIC’s vehicle and stole purse. Occurred 04/22/2014 1130-1140 hours.
- 4/19 – Chestnut St.: ARR stopped for a VC violation. ARR determined to be DUI. ARR provided breath sample. ARR to MDF.
- 4/20 – Brentwood Bl: ARR stopped for VC violation. ARR was driving under the influence while on DUI probation. ARR to MDF, VEH stored.
- 4/16 – Jubilee Dr.: RES impersonated VIC’s granddaughter and requested funds via telephone. VIC provided $2500 to RES(s).
- 4/15 – Williams Ct.: VIC sent $300 to an unidentified individual in Long Beach, CA as payment for a dog. A “courier service” then contacted VIC and told her she needed to pay $745 for the renting of a dog crate to ship the dog. VIC never received the dog. This case will be forwarded to Long Beach PD for further investig…
- 4/14 – Kirkman Rd: ARR stopped for CVC violation. ARR found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine. ARR to MDF.
- 4/22 – Ghiggeri Dr: RES was found to be in possession of marijuana for sales on school grounds and fled. ARR1 was found to be in possession of a knife on school grounds.
- 4/22 – Walnut Bl: ARR was contacted regarding outstanding warrants and was found to possess a suspected controlled substance.
- 4/14 – Sand Creek Road: ARR obstructed Officers and resisted arrest during a theft investigation. ARR complained of pain and was transported to CCCRMC. ARR to MDF.
- 4/19 – Camelback Rd.: RES shot a single round through VIC’s front window of residence.
- 4/17 – Vision Ln: VIC received anonymous phone call from RES on unfamiliar phone number. VIC then received text message containing male genitalia from same phone number. Upon further investigation, the cell phone sending the picture was stolen 4/16/14 from INV.
- 4/14 – Second St.: RES forcefully took VIC’S jewelry and cash.
- 4/15 – Griffith Ln: VIC was surrounded by seven unknown RES. RES-1 pushed VIC while RES-2 took VIC’s
- 4/17 – Sand Creek Rd.: RES-1 and RES-2 took VIC-1 and VIC-2’s cell phone at gun point. Items taken were Apple I-phone and Samsung Galaxy.
- 4/17 – Roundhill Dr.: RES(s) used force and fear (handgun) to steal a cell phone and ear phones from VIC.
- 4/17 – Balfour: VIC-1 and VIC-2 were robbed by unknown RES. RES was armed with a black semi-automatic handgun.
- 4/17 – Minnesota Ave: VIC was assaulted and robbed by several subjects. RES-4 brandished a firearm at VIC while threatening retaliation. RES’s fled in a black vehicle.
- 4/17 – Essex Dr.: RES’ approached VIC-1 and VIC-2 while they were standing near their vehicle in front of the above residence. RES-1 demanded VIC-1’s purse and produced a black semi-automatic handgun. VIC-1 feared for her life and handed over her purse. VIC-2 was battered and pepper-sprayed and had his cell phone …
- 4/21 – Brentwood Bl: RES robbed VIC at gunpoint. Take was cash and pizzas.
- 4/14 – Mesquite Ct.: UPS package taken from front porch.
- 4/16 – Lone Tree Way: RES(s) stole three laptops from business.
- 4/16 – Sand Creek Rd.: ARR’S stole items from stores. ARR’S released on Juvenile Affidavits.
- 4/16 – Sand Creek Rd.: RES stole VIC’s cell phone from inside the business.
- 4/16 – Balfour Rd: Unknown RES stole food and alcohol.
- 4/17 – Lone Tree Way: Victim’s backpack was taken from her unlocked vehicle on 4/12/2014 in the parking lot of 6570 Lone Tree Way.
- 4/17 – Lone Tree Way: ARR was caught stealing items from business. ARR had been caught stealing once before and given trespassing admonishment. ARR released on a PTA from scene.
- 4/18 – Lone Tree Way: RES stole two thirty packs of beer valued at 25.99 each.
- 4/18 – Second St.: Unidentified RES stole VIC’s skateboard from business. Skateboard was valued at approximately $230.
- 4/18 – Balfour Rd: RES stole a bottle of alcohol from VIC valued at $21.69.
- 4/18 – Second St.: SUS-1&2 took a case of beer and left in a white/silver Chrysler Sebring.
- 4/19 – Sand Creek Rd: 3 BFA RES’s entered business and stole 39 bras. RES’s left scene prior to police arrival. Estimated loss $2028
- 4/21 – Second St.: Alcohol stolen from business.
- 4/19 – Village Dr: RES- smashed the windshield of VIC’s vehicle with a river rock. VIC estimated the damage to be approximately $200.
- 4/19 – Village Dr,: Unknown responsible(s) threw a rock and broke window to victim’s vehicle.
- 4/20 – Homecoming Way: Unknown RES broke VIC’s driver side rearview mirror. Approximately $100 to repair.
- 4/15 – City Park: ARR contacted during and determined to have a warrant. ARR to MDF.
- 4/16 – Walnut Blvd: ARR contacted at the listed location and found to have a no cite warrant (12020 PC and 23152 VC). ARR to MDF.
- 4/16 – Fourth St.: ARR found to have an outstanding no bail warrant for domestic violence.
- 4/18 – Sand Creek: DRI- was stopped for a vehicle code violation and PAS- was determined to have two felony warrants (V.C. 10851 and P.C. 148). PAS- to MDF.
- 4/19 – Sycamore Ave: ARR contacted at her residence. ARR had a warrant for FTA on 11377 H&S. ARR to MDF.
- 4/21 – Dainty Ave: ARR found to have an outstanding warrant for drug related charges. ARR transported to
- 4/17 – Dainty Ave: ARR and INV contacted at the listed location. ARR found to be on probation and a felon in possession of pepper spray. ARR to MDF.
Below is the Press Release from the Brentwood Police Department released on April 18:
On April 17 between the hours of 8:18 pm and 9:35 pm, Brentwood officers responded to five (5) separate armed robbery incidents all believed to be connected to the same group of suspects.
The robberies occurred at various locations in Brentwood:
- 8:18 pm – North Parking Lot of the Streets of Brentwood
- 9:15 pm – Presidio Drive & Roundhill Drive
- 9:20 pm – Balfour Road & West County Club Dr.
- 9:25 pm – 300 Block of Essex Dr
- 9:30 pm – 800 block of Minnesota Ave
All of the victims were robbed at gunpoint; the weapon was primarily described as a black semi-automatic handgun. In two of the incidents, the suspects also used pepper spray. The victims were primarily robbed of their cellular phones and other personal belongings. One victim sustained an abrasion to the knee and others were exposed to pepper spray, but nobody was hospitalized.
The suspect descriptions varied, but all were described as black males in their teens to early 20’s, primarily dressed in dark clothing and dark hooded sweatshirts. In two of the incidents, the suspect vehicle was described as a black 2-door or 4-door sedan, possibly Mazda or Dodge Charger with LED taillights.
The Brentwood Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding these robberies to contact Detective George Aguirre at (925) 809-7726 during regular business hours or (925) 778-2441 after 5:00 pm