On this episode, I chat with Tim Ogden, newly hired Brentwood City Manager, where we get into a variety of topics from the impact of COVID-19 shutdown, budget cuts, police services economic development, fire service, homeless and a variety of other topics.
- 01:20 – Intro
- 02:55 – What drew Ogden to City of Brentwood?
- 04:40 – Addressing elephant in the room on what transpired in Manteca
- 08:01 – Ogden shares the biggest lesson he learned as City Manager
- 09:03 – We get into COVID-19 and forcing to shutdown City of Brentwood.
- 10:33 – We discuss $4 million in budget cuts for City of Brentwood and challenges.
- 13:25 – we go back to businesses being shutdown, how do we keep business alive in Brentwood within limits of Shelter-in-Place. Ogden states why he wouldn’t go rouge and go against County and State orders.
- 15:58 – We get into Brentwood City Council agenda and items placed on it regarding helping business by shutting down 2nd Street and Oak. We get into how we help all business.
- 20:43 – What is the strategy to bring new business to Brentwood? Where we headed with economic development? We get into office space and job centers.
- 26:18 – We get into East Contra Costa Fire, the City of Brentwood and its 9212 Report. Ogden confirms funds could even go to police services versus fire due to open ended proposal.
- 32:44 – We get into Brentwod Police and what they are up to. Burkholder makes the statement Brentwood police are “too nice”.
- 40:49 – We touch on homeless… Antioch is providing services and Pittsburg has a motel.
- 46:55 – Ogden provides an update on Deer Ridge and what is happening.
- 49:32 – Oil drilling in the hills of Brentwood on county property.
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why.
For more shows and episodes, visit: https://eastcountytoday.podbean.com/ & hit subscribe,