According to statistics pulled by Monica Malcuit, broker/owner of Signature Partner Realty, home values in East Contra Costa County increased in 2014.
Data pulled shows home values increased by at least 1% across all five cities in East County. Here is a look at the figures in January, 2014:
|City||Jan 2014||Dec. 2014||Increase|
Malcuit notes that current inventory shows the following:
- Antioch has 175 units available with median list price of $309,000
- Brentwood has 125 units available with median list price of $529,000
- Discovery Bay has 55 units available with median list price of $524,900
- Oakley has 41 units available with median list price of $399,000
- Pittsburg has 81 units available with median price list of $378,000
In terms of rentals, rent in 2014 increased by $100. In January of 2014, rent was around $1,900. Today, rent is averaging $2,000.
Malcuit noted that if you can afford to buy, now is the time to do so noting that a $2,000 a month rent payment over 1-year-period Is $24,000. Over a 20 year period, it amounts to $480,000. She also notes the tax advantages make it worthwhile over the term of a home loan.
For more information about Monica Malcuit and Signature Partners Realty, visit www.antiochhomesalesguide.com or contact Monica at (925) 784-0214 or via email at
Great news for all. No need for new taxes just the house value increase is a tax raise. We are on the way to recovery.
Comments are closed.